The Sewing Place

A little thing that will prove useful

Gernella

A little thing that will prove useful
« on: May 28, 2022, 10:27:57 AM »
I saw this a few weeks ago advertised but passed it off as not being that useful.  Until I took the Perpex table away from my machine and found all manner of things that had gone missing and got hidden, especially pencils and biros, my tweezers that went missing a couple of months etc. So I've bought one and without too much effort I've filled it up.

https://www.cottonpatch.co.uk/acatalog/Stash-Store-Sew-Emma-Pink.html

This was the cheapest one even with delivery added.

https://www.embroideredjust4u.co.uk/ourshop/prod_6575513-OH-Sew-Organized-Stash-N-Store-silicone.html
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Kad

Re: A little thing that will prove useful
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2022, 10:51:18 AM »
I've seen those for sale but never been tempted. Ages ago I made a mug cosy type thing that has pockets that sit inside and around the outside of the mug to hold all those bits that you need to hand. The bonus is that I've an excuse not to bin a chipped but loved mug.  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  
'Jill' of many aspects of sewing, "Mistress" of few.

Sheilago

« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2022, 12:09:18 PM »
Here’s my storage solution :D. Never a shortage of nice mugs with a little chip or a lost handle!
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2022, 14:59:10 PM »
I do have a large mug, that I keep out of  sight @Sheilago , that I keep for large cones I want to use with the sewing machine.  Otherwise mugs are no good for me, I don't like shelves and I've got two kitties that roam around and would think quite funny to shove off. Well three really but Charley is only interested in food and wouldn't waste time climbing on the off chance he might find something.

I like @Kad and her handmade storage, unfortunately 'fiddling' with anything like that is not my forte, I did well to make a couple of machine mats (only because they were easy to do).
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included