The Sewing Place

Lidl adjustable height desk. £99.99

Mick

Lidl adjustable height desk. £99.99
« on: May 30, 2022, 16:27:37 PM »
Yes I know, it's lidl and all that, but some of their stuff is OK.

So, obvious question,  has anyone bought / used one of these, have any real-world experience?

At that price it's about half of the ones on Amazon, and an awful lot cheaper than any thing similar at IKEA.

I don't have room for a separate cutting table, and just wondered if it might be a solution to cutting-out-induced back ache.

« Last Edit: May 30, 2022, 17:36:29 PM by Mick »

annieeg

Re: Ikea adjustable height desk. £99.99
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 16:37:07 PM »
@Mick   did you find this on Lidl's website - I couldn't find it ... :cry:

Puzzler

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 17:14:18 PM »
I found it on Hot Deals site but when I click the link for Lidl site I get a banana peel/error message.

I have adjustable trestles and a piece of oak countertop from IKEA circa 1990-something. The trestles are height adjustable and the table top measures 150cm x 80cm. It does me well for all sorts of tasks like pattern alteration, garment cutting and curtain making. It’s held up through 4 house moves countless room changes.

Mick

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2022, 17:35:37 PM »
@Mick   did you find this on Lidl's website - I couldn't find it ... :cry:

Never looked on the website. They have some in the local store.

Mick

Re: Lidl adjustable height desk. £99.99
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2022, 17:38:10 PM »
Oops, just realised I put IKEA in the title.

Meant to say Lidl, of course... :facepalm:

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 10:29:05 AM »
Did you buy the Lidl desk @Mick ?

I bought this table from Amazon in 2019 and another non height adjustable one which I put together to make a 4ft square table. Although it’s showing as out of stock now. Maybe you could try contacting the company directly to see if they’re still in business, if you’re interested?

If you can find one, they’re very sturdy. I’ve sewn on it ever since but never actually bothered lifting it up for cutting out, mainly because there’s too much stuff and it would be more faff to move things out of the way.

Mick

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2022, 21:42:49 PM »
Did you buy the Lidl desk @Mick ?

Yes I did buy one, and to be honest I'm quite impressed with it.

It works exactly how it should, goes up and down smoothly, and seems pretty well made for the price.

At full height it's just right for me to stand at, and take the strain off my creaky, life-ravaged back. Cranked down it's perfect for sitting sewing, reading or wasting my life on the internet.

If I was being picky, I could say the top flexes a bit if I lean on it. Simple answer to that is to not lean on it, of course. But if I did get a bit fed up with that, I'd happily replace it with a piece of kitchen worktop or thick plywood, and still think it didn't really owe me anything.