The Sewing Place

Ahead of the Curve book - Collette Patterns

annieeg

Ahead of the Curve book - Collette Patterns
« on: May 30, 2022, 16:29:10 PM »
Has anyone got any opinion on this book which comes with patterns...
Its on offer at Amazon and I like the dress patterns.  Is it a good buy?

Ouryve

Re: Ahead of the Curve book - Collette Patterns
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2022, 16:34:22 PM »
I don't have the books as my lumps and bumps are too small for it but I have a couple of Cashmerette patterns and they're very detailed. Reviews are always good, too.

Compared to the price of printed patterns, you can't go wrong with a pattern book with a competent pattern house behind it.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Kwaaked

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2022, 16:49:22 PM »
Jenny did a presentation for the book when it came out for my pro group.  Jenny really worked on knowing what she was talking about and making it easy to understand without dumbing it down.

I don't have it, and have no plan to buy it currently, but if I get around to it/need it, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

Ros

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2022, 17:32:11 PM »
I have bought this but for the detail on fit adjustments rather than the patterns. Toile of the woven dress bodice helped me sort some arm/shoulder fit problems on a different pattern. An Amazon reduction lured me in too!

annieeg

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2022, 16:07:15 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  This book arrived yesterday and on a cursory read seems it's good value.  It includes 5 patterns plus a clear and detailed guide on fitting and making a toile from scratch.   :thumb: