The Sewing Place

Tiny tears

toileandtrouble

Tiny tears
« on: June 06, 2022, 18:31:13 PM »
Has anyone got access to one of these dolls - about 14" high.  I need the underarm measurement, waist measurement and neck to waist if possible. Thank you, someone!
Yarn down:  1000g
Fabric down:  29m

Acorn

Re: Tiny tears
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2022, 18:34:52 PM »
I have, but do you know which one?  There were a number of different versions.  I'll go and get the measurements from mine anyway.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Acorn

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2022, 18:49:14 PM »
This is Patsy.  She is 15" tall, and has an 11" chest and an 11" waist, her waist to neck is 4", and her arm measurement (armpit to wrist) is 3.5" - all taken over her clothes, but with the tape pulled tight.

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

« Last Edit: June 06, 2022, 18:51:33 PM by Acorn »

toileandtrouble

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2022, 20:12:01 PM »
Thank you very much @Acorn.  I only have the girl's mother's estimate of the doll's height, that looks about right.

Acorn

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2022, 20:38:17 PM »
She's definitely a Tiny Tears, and although the faces got chubbier later on, I would imagine the bodies stayed the same.  :thumb:

toileandtrouble

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 14:56:41 PM »
Thanks again, I made a little dress from some cotton scraps that have been maturing for about 30 years. (knew it would come in one day)  It was the trimmings from some sheeting that I used to make my sons' pajamas when they wanted some like judo suits, in white cotton. No idea why!  There was a border with little trees and houses which got cut off and thrown into the useful bin.  The skirt had a band of the border pattern near the bottom and I used it for the little sleeves too. Plain yoke but top stitched the edge of the neck in red to hold the facing down.  Like an idiot I gave it away without taking a picture. Waiting to hear if it was a good fit. If it was, it's all down to you.