The Sewing Place

Look what Luscious Loveliness followed me home today

Iminei

Look what Luscious Loveliness followed me home today
« on: June 09, 2022, 15:08:41 PM »
Had a call this morning from the lovely Aneka who works in our local Interior design shop this morning announcing that after several months of Building work on the Georgian building Modo is part of that they were open once more ... so naturally I had to po along after work and have a look ....

I was immediately struck by a glimpse of fabric in the remnant shelves .. all nice and neatly folded and stacked and pulled it out from its friends and knew immediately that I wanted it ...

Possibly to make a bag from it ...  perhaps the Lightbox bag I mentioned earlier this year ... or was it late last ??? I think its a chenille type fabric and know it was from a range by Romo and that it is now discontinued (No Fair!)

So along with a remnant of their excellent lining I left feeling very chuffed ... Now to draft some simple pattern for it! Wish I could make a real bag from it tho'  :cry:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Aint Google Fabulous, found it with one click and what a bargain  I got !!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2022, 15:22:57 PM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Silver Rose

Re: Look what Luscious Loveliness followed me home today
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2022, 15:18:59 PM »
Very nice,  it would be lovely for a bag or a skirt if there was enough of it.
Still learning

Sewbusy

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2022, 16:28:31 PM »
I once had quite a number of Roma fabric samples, lovely colours and predominantly a sort of hessian background with  a velour/velvet type designs, think heavy curtaining or upholstery type.

I'm not a bag maker and they weren't big enough for anything else I could think of so I put them on Ebay and couldn't believe how quickly they were snapped up.

Iminei

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2022, 08:03:31 AM »
This is quite a big piece of fabric , 54" x 39" ... certainly enough for the A3 Lightbox bag Im dreaming up in my mind.

Im thinking of bagging the fabric and lining out and topstitching ... or inserting caredully cut pieces of yoga mat for extra padding and sewing them in ... Or ... Or  ...
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again