The Sewing Place

Sewing for Pleasure NEC

realale

Re: Sewing for Pleasure NEC
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2022, 12:55:24 PM »
Well, here's my haul from yesterday. I was thinking summer shirt & tops so went for those fabrics. The striped ones are cotton, the tree one is a lawn, the middle back is double gauze and the turquoise is a knit. Now to get them washed & ironed.
The Janome carrier bag   [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  is to represent my new machine which is the Janome 550e. It should be delivered next Wednesday.  :dance:
So many beers, so little time.

Pearl

« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2022, 13:11:03 PM »
My friend really liked that tree one, @realale .  I tried to persuade her to buy some but she stayed strong.

realale

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2022, 13:44:35 PM »
@Pearl I wavered between that and the blue tree one. Even after buying the green I half thought I should have had the blue.....  :P
I was also tempted by the Liberty William Morris ones but managed to resist those!!

SingingSinger

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2022, 14:47:55 PM »
On my way home now. It was quite fun, browsing machines, fabrics and nic nacs. I bought a wool winder and a wall tidy kit. Tempted by some other things but resisted  The Woman's Weekly pattern exhibition brough back some memories of sewing with my mum in the 70s, crimplene much in evidence! Photos later
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

realale

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2022, 15:20:09 PM »
The Woman's Weekly exhibit was good wasn't it. Brought back memories for me too. I'm sure I had a blouse just like the 70s one!!  0_0

SingingSinger

« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2022, 15:51:01 PM »
I'm glad I went. I spoke to a nice lady on the Pfaff stand about my Ambition 620 and my failure to grasp finishing off with reverse or the stop stitch function. She demoed it and let me practice.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2022, 15:59:09 PM by SingingSinger »
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)