The Sewing Place

Viscose from Immanuels

annieeg

Viscose from Immanuels
« on: June 13, 2022, 11:28:11 AM »
Thought you might be interested to see recent viscose purchase from Immanuels (via FB, not their website).  £3 per metre.  They feel all 100% viscose.  I know there's a flowery theme going on (reminds me a bit of some Seasalt stuff) which I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to stay away from, but they have a really nice drape for loose tops and dresses.
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

maliw

Re: Viscose from Immanuels
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2022, 15:33:29 PM »
Oooooooooh nice.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2022, 16:46:40 PM »
Nice little haul @annieeg
Does the fabric feel shiny or crisp?   Some of the cheap viscose I’ve seen hasn’t always been nice. 
But at that price……

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2022, 17:02:19 PM »
Nice little haul @annieeg
Does the fabric feel shiny or crisp?   Some of the cheap viscose I’ve seen hasn’t always been nice. 
But at that price……
@Ohsewsimple
I always ask Immanuels if they can tell whether its 100% viscose, but unfortunatley they don't have that level of information.  However, I've only ever had one piece of polyester/viscose blend.  Otherwise, its all been reasonable quality 100% viscose.  The fabric in my picture is what they call "better quality viscose" @ £3 per metre.  The £2 per metre is ok (IMO) and I've made several SA tops (the Jules tunic) and the SA dress recently posted.  Just love viscose to wash and wear, and its cool in the summer. :love:  Also, because its not expensive I often use it for toiles....which, if successful, become a wearable toile 0_0

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2022, 17:36:16 PM »
Thanks @annieeg

Ouryve

« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 15:30:28 PM »
 will definitely have to visit the market stall at some point.

When I've had dubious fabric or yarn, in the oast, I've done a burn test on it. It's quite straightforward to do. Synthetics melt and viscose and natural fibres burn and/or smoke to varying degrees with some clues in the smell of the smoke.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"