The Sewing Place

Pattern for Golf Skort Needed

Kwaaked

Pattern for Golf Skort Needed
« on: June 14, 2022, 05:42:05 AM »
Looking for a pattern like this skort

Pull on a line, knit shorts, American RTW size 16 (18 UK) needed.  Anyone got a pattern to point me to?  Even vintage.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 15, 2022, 05:23:54 AM by Iminei »

Pearl

Re: Pattern for Golf Skrt Needed
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2022, 07:01:52 AM »
We’re not able to view that site in U.K., @Kwaaked

Starryfish

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2022, 12:51:19 PM »
Jalie has a knit skort, louluxe. Sorry can't do a link,as am cuddling a sleeping gc!
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2022, 14:03:18 PM »
Simplicity S9336?

Kwaaked

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2022, 04:36:06 AM »
@HenriettaMaria No, but I've hit a point where it's where I am going to have to start.  Thank you for looking.

The one I liked to is a woven poly twill challis with poly knit shorts, pull on type with no zippers.  They are also several seasons old and finding something similar is as hard as finding a pattern for what I am wanting.  Even if I copy those particular ones, there is some fit issues.

In the end, I am going to have to draft them or frankenpattern...but I have yet to find shorts that fit right.  I just wasn't wanting to replicate the wheel if I don't have to, and what I can find in stores is either high end label (Ralph Lauren, Dior) or specialized golf shops (which is $$$). 

HenriettaMaria

Re: Pattern for Golf Skort Needed
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2022, 15:08:47 PM »
If you want to convert a wovens pattern to knits, it's my understanding that you simply adjust the pattern so that you cut vertically from the widest point of the hip up to the waist with no shaping.  Add on turnings for elastic casing and you're done.

What does the panel think?  Does that sound sensible?

StitchinTime

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2022, 15:54:04 PM »
Butterick do a pull on pleated skort that is for four-way stretch fabrics only, but the photos and line drawings don't really show much.
https://somethingdelightful.com/butterick/b6460

Kwaaked

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2022, 20:01:20 PM »
Jalie has Loulouxe which is closer to the style, but again, all for knits.  I think I am wanting a cross of a modern style with vintage fabric types...all my scooter skirt patterns I know of are woven, but then they all have zippers.

Ultimately, I'm going to have to do an A-line skirt with yoga shorts. 

realale

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2022, 17:02:38 PM »
Years ago I made my granddaughter a skort just by making her a pair of shorts and a skirt and letting them have a common waistband. Can't remember how I fastened them now - it's too long ago and my memory isn't that good!!  :P
So many beers, so little time.

Kwaaked

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2022, 18:23:14 PM »
@realale that's my problem as well.  I don't remember how to attach it, and the scooter skirt pattern I had is gone.

I think you have to treat the skirt and short as one, either over locking or stitching, then add the waistband as usual.  Part of why I am looking for a pattern, too.  None of my pattern books or sewing books deal with this particular style and I'm in the US where I can pay a couple bucks for the directions, even if they aren't what I am exactly looking for (knit vs woven).  Old 60s styles, if memory serves, had the side or back zip closure and the shorts and skirt sort of sandwiched between to cover it, and the shorts were woven, but that has been years since I made it.

LOL, I am treating this like I don't have 8 pairs in the house...I wear them, my daughter wears them...I have several brands, too.  I just don't like the way any of them actually fit (woven pull on is to be blamed here I am sure) and I don't want to have to do the RTW copy of them, or really draft them because I am being somewhat lazy.

realale

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2022, 09:23:20 AM »
I've just come across a YouTube video of shenanigans skort by SewSewLive. Dunno if that will help at all.
So many beers, so little time.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2022, 09:41:21 AM »
@Kwaaked we get the message "We Are Currently Unable to Provide a Shopping Experience for This Country
Please try again later" when trying to look at your link. A bit mean that they won't even let us look!

I watch TomKat stitchery on YouTube and she made herself a skort for golfing, I'll see if I can find the pattern she used.

Found it - The Green Style Pace Skirt

https://greenstyle.com/products/pace-skirt?variant=21105487620

Or if you want something more floaty, their Rally skirt also has integral Bike shorts or briefs underneath

https://greenstyle.com/collections/curvy-womens-bottoms/products/rally-skirt-pdf-pattern-sizes-b-m?variant=40599447634073
« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 09:51:56 AM by SewRuthieSews »