The Sewing Place

Kwik Sew 3504 Men's Jeans

kowgiirl.up

Kwik Sew 3504 Men's Jeans
« on: June 17, 2022, 20:54:04 PM »
Has anyone used this pattern? How well did it work out for you?

I'm thinking of making a pair of jeans for my sweet DH who has made and fixed lots of sewing things for me. While I've made tons of jeans for myself, I know that fitting men is very different (maybe that is a subject for another post).

I've had this pattern in my stash for 4 to 5 years now and I've had the fabric for them nearly as long. I would like to make this my summer sewing project. I am not sure if I enjoy the challenge of it or I just want to torture myself.  :rolleyes:
Runs with scissors ✂️ ✂️✂️

realale

Re: Kwik Sew 3504 Men's Jeans
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2022, 07:41:47 AM »
@kowgiirl.up I've made this pattern a few times for my son. It made up very well and was quite a straight forward pattern. I know I had to adapt it to fit but I can't remember exactly what I did now. It was easier to fit him than a woman though!!
So many beers, so little time.

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 20:00:38 PM »
@realale , thank you for the reply. I will move forward then with this pattern :)

Adey1981

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2022, 11:53:42 AM »
It should be easier fitting for a man I would think? Men's jeans are quite square and straight. Unless your chap is like me and has Beyonce thighs and child-bearing hips 😆

Good luck!

Ouryve

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2022, 23:35:45 PM »
Husband isn't straightforward. He is skinny geek but has a curvybarse and massive shoulders!
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

kowgiirl.up

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2022, 17:59:25 PM »
I still haven't moved forward with this pattern. I have it simmering on the backburner for now as I have been busy cranking out shorts for me. I had been hoping to get these jeans started by now but when a girl needs shorts, she needs shorts!  :)