The Sewing Place

A pattern similar to this…

Puzzler

A pattern similar to this…
« on: June 21, 2022, 07:35:57 AM »
https://www.atelier-scammit.com/women/28-helios.html

I love the floaty sleeve and would make this for a beach cover-up. The pattern has translated instructions and a video (in French) but this adds an extra complication for an otherwise simple pattern. This is a new-to-me pattern company with some cute styles but I doubt I fit their overall silhouette.

b15erk

Re: A pattern similar to this…
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2022, 09:08:30 AM »
@Puzzler , that's a lovely top. I recognised the sleeve as being similar to a sleeve I 'borrowed' from another pattern for the shirtdress I'm making.

Just lifted out the pattern, and it looks good.  A few tweaks, and it may do for you!  I think it was a freebie though, so you would have to look on Ebay, or Etsy

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Helen M

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2022, 11:20:39 AM »
I've heard of the pattern company @Puzzler on instagram but haven't used them. There is a lovely coat pattern though on page 3 of their list........

There seem to be a few of the peplum top patterns on eBay and Etsy.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Puzzler

« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2022, 20:03:46 PM »
Thank you, Jessie. I will do a search for that pattern.

HelenM, there are some other lovely patterns in their range. Shame about the language issue.

Puzzler

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 08:17:01 AM »
I just bought the magazine the pattern was included with and I get another two patterns, one of which I had been eyeing up for a while.  :thumb: I will raise the back neck of the peplum top and possibly omit the elastic waist so the whole thing is flowy and it keeps the sun off my back.