The Sewing Place

Cotton interfacing?

Surest1tch

Cotton interfacing?
« on: June 22, 2022, 14:56:38 PM »
Does anyone know where I can order some lightweight cotton interfacing please at a realistic price please. I've Googled, looked on eBay, Amazon all I seem to be getting is medium and heavyweight, the ones I've looked at all seem to be wanting silly money for it :rant:.
Thanks in advance.

HenriettaMaria

Re: Cotton interfacing?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2022, 15:14:27 PM »
If it's cotton I presume it will be sew-in?  If so, why not use lightweight calico or similar, although do pre-shrink it before use.

Elnnina

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2022, 15:22:18 PM »
How about English Couture Company in Syston, Leicestershire - Michele the owner certainly knows her interfacings and also runs classes, and her service is normally very quick.  I happen to have some of her fine cotton interfacing and that is lovely to use.

Surest1tch

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2022, 15:50:26 PM »
If it's cotton I presume it will be sew-in?  If so, why not use lightweight calico or similar, although do pre-shrink it before use.

Thank you, It's definitely fusible cotton, I have got a bit left but can't remember where I got it from  :cry:.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2022, 15:56:20 PM by Surest1tch »

Surest1tch

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2022, 15:55:38 PM »
How about English Couture Company in Syston, Leicestershire - Michele the owner certainly knows her interfacings and also runs classes, and her service is normally very quick.  I happen to have some of her fine cotton interfacing and that is lovely to use.

Thank you, got the message "No products were found matching your selection" 😪

Elnnina

« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2022, 16:02:30 PM »
Surestitch the cotton interfacing is called Fine Cotton Fusible and comes in black or white - hope this helps

Puzzler

« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2022, 17:51:15 PM »

Surest1tch

« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2022, 18:31:16 PM »
Thank you everyone, I did manage to find some this afternoon from Croft Mill.

Surest1tch

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2022, 18:45:08 PM »
I believe this is it. I recently ordered some myself.

https://englishcouture.co.uk/shop/fine-cotton-fusible-ecc20-fusible-interfacing/

Thank you @Puzzler, its possible it may have given me that message because I put iron-on in the search bar which is what a lot of the shops are listing fusing as, and charging in in excess of £10 pm  :scream:. However I've ordered some from them too  :embarrassed:, at least I now know I'll have a good supply because I'm determined to get back in my sewing room this year!