The Sewing Place

Old POEM / Huskyvana Embroidery Machine

SewingBeeAddict

Old POEM / Huskyvana Embroidery Machine
« on: June 23, 2022, 10:08:00 AM »
Hello,

I've been lucky enough to have joined the forum and have been enjoying reading so many of the threads, it's been great!

Then I got down to the Embroidery Machines section and my heart sank, so I just thought I'd post on the (very) off-chance anyone can assist!

I'm a very keen sewer and have a great sewing machine and serger, but lurking in the back of the garage is a box with my old POEM embroidery machine, and it breaks my heart! I know I should learn to move on and look at getting a replacement emboidery machine, but it was just so lovely and easy to use, and I did some amazing designs with it - for myself, friends and family.  We moved house last year and I still couldn't bring myself to take it down to the tip!

I think it was bought around 1996'ish and the EMNET software ran on Microsoft DOS 3.1 - yes I know! The problem I had was that the very old PC that it was connected to decided stop working and then I was lost.

What do you think the chances are of ever finding some way to drive the POEM machine using a modern PC? Periodically, I search through Google but there's nothing - sometimes they come up on eBay but I can't find the replacement software.

I'm guessing that I really need to invest in a new embroidery machine, so will be doing some research. What I liked with the POEM was the way that EMNET software allowed you to move individual stitches or change stitch direction, rather than just block-fill an area, so that will be something I'll look for.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice (even if it's just that I need to stop hoping!!).  :thread:
...with my cherished Bernina 1015 - a 1991 Vintage ♥

Celia

Re: Old POEM / Huskyvana Embroidery Machine
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 16:14:21 PM »
You can certainly move stitches and change directions on the some of the modern software but you might not like the price of them.  If you do decide to buy a new embroidery machine do look into the software available as well.

Can’t really help with your old machine but if you decide to buy a new one I am sure you will get more help here.