The Sewing Place

Patchwork Dress

SewRuthieSews

b15erk

Re: Patchwork Dress
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 11:38:06 AM »
I saw that @SewRuthieSews , it's very pretty, and looks cool for Summer days.  <3  Expensive though if I remember correctly...

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

BrendaP

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 11:59:38 AM »
Are all the seams and the hem meant to be at an angle? 
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 12:39:42 PM »
Are all the seams and the hem meant to be at an angle?

Would imagine it needs an FBA which is causing it ride up  and swing forward.   No darts on it.   It really highlights the problem doesn’t it that a plain fabric wouldn’t.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2022, 12:44:55 PM »
Agreed, it looks better on the flat chested model on the Albaray site - where it is £120
This unique patchwork tiered midi dress is crafted from unused 'deadstock' fabrics so numbers are very limited. Featuring a scoop neck with a tie fastening at the back, statement puff sleeves and side pockets. A slip on, relaxed style patching together multi coloured checks, stripes and ditsy florals. The perfect easy breezy summer dress.Made from 100% unused 'dead stock' Cotton.

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2022, 15:13:36 PM »
Is this meant to be for little girls ???

Or women who want to pretend they are little girls ???

All the model in the picture below/above (depending on your settings) needs is her teddy and shell be all set for bed!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

realale

« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2022, 19:17:33 PM »
Not my style at all  ><
I quite agree with your comments @Iminei
So many beers, so little time.