The Sewing Place

Hobbycraft three tier storage trolley

Gernella

Hobbycraft three tier storage trolley
« on: June 17, 2022, 16:23:44 PM »
I must admit I am well impressed with this.  I got it out this afternoon with the intention of putting together.  I sat myself down on the floor on a small folding stool and used my feet to hold to the two legs in place while I screwed together and put the trays in place.  It was an absolute doddle to do and even better to fill up.

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/lilac-three-tier-storage-trolley/6463791002.html

I've got rid of all the bits and pieces behind the machine, extra bobbin cases, machine oil, tool rack, box of marking chalks, sharps box etc.  I even got to store a pack of A4 printer paper on the bottom.

All I need to do now is get rid of the massive box it came in.  I suspect when I get the Horn table out to put together it will be a doddle as well :laughing:  I wish.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Surest1tch

Re: Hobbycraft three tier storage trolley
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2022, 16:31:14 PM »
That looks like a good idea  :thumb:.

Ouryve

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2022, 17:35:10 PM »
I was eying these up - ikea do a similar one. Unfortunately, the base is just a centimetre too deep for the space I hoped to stash it in, so I wouldn't have been able to close a door.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

StitchinTime

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2022, 19:15:15 PM »
@Ouryve Home Bargains have something similar that is a little smaller.
https://www.homebargains.co.uk/products/32582-home-collections-3-tier-metal-foldaway-trolley.aspx

I went for a more basic “vegetable rack” as that was even smaller, but does the job as long as things are in boxes or trays.
https://www.bmstores.co.uk/products/beldray-4-tier-multipurpose-trolley-black-3298111

Flobear

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2022, 19:26:50 PM »
I have the IKEA one. Useful little chap!
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

Ouryve

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2022, 23:04:03 PM »
That looks very useful @StitchinTime but doesn't have the same cute but sturdy aesthetic as the hobby craft and ikea versions.

Has a, wire vegetable rack for many years but got rid of it a few years ago as it mostly ended up stuffed with carrier bags because the shape of the racks was so awkward.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2022, 23:19:36 PM »
I have one of the veg rack style ones. I've secured a mini ironing board (table top style) to the top and use for my ironing supplies.

FrancesL

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2022, 05:19:32 AM »
I have something similar bought when we got 'big dog' as he went through Rubys (little dog) toys and shredded them if he got near them. He's getting better at leaving them alone.

I have it in the hall with dog leads/harness/poo bags/treat bag in the top tier and 'little dogs' toys in the bottom two tiers.

Really useful for all sorts of quick storage.

Frances

Celia

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2022, 11:05:32 AM »
Looks good @Gernella which colour did you order just being nosy :laughing:

Dillyduck

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2022, 12:25:26 PM »
I must admit I am well impressed with this.  I got it out this afternoon with the intention of putting together.  I sat myself down on the floor on a small folding stool and used my feet to hold to the two legs in place while I screwed together and put the trays in place.  It was an absolute doddle to do and even better to fill up.

https://www.hobbycraft.co.uk/lilac-three-tier-storage-trolley/6463791002.html

I've got rid of all the bits and pieces behind the machine, extra bobbin cases, machine oil, tool rack, box of marking chalks, sharps box etc.  I even got to store a pack of A4 printer paper on the bottom.

All I need to do now is get rid of the massive box it came in.  I suspect when I get the Horn table out to put together it will be a doddle as well :laughing:  I wish.

Dillyduck

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2022, 12:27:45 PM »
Edited by Greybird. Sorry you need to have made 25 posts before advertising items for sale.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2022, 15:03:53 PM by Greybird »

Gernella

« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2022, 09:58:11 AM »
Looks good @Gernella which colour did you order just being nosy :laughing:

I bought the mint one @Celia   Actually @FrancesL I was looking for a new pack of poo bags this morning, I'd forgotten that's where I'd put the spare boxes :laughing:
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

b15erk

« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2022, 13:27:12 PM »
@Gernella I've had one of the IKEA ones for a while now, and very useful it is too.  We bought a wooden top for it (rather like a wooden bread board), which means I can put my ironing pad on there if I need to.

I also have a couple of cheaper ones for office use, and they are really good for my paperwork.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

hiltonclare

« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2022, 08:21:36 AM »
@Gernella I've had one of the IKEA ones for a while now, and very useful it is too.  We bought a wooden top for it (rather like a wooden bread board), which means I can put my ironing pad on there if I need to.

I also have a couple of cheaper ones for office use, and they are really good for my paperwork.

Jessie
I have the smaller version of the IKEA trolley with the bamboo ‘lid’ which is brilliant. I have my curtain clamps attached to the legs. They’ve never really had a home before.