The Sewing Place

Wearing Coloured bottoms like trousers/shorts/culottes - in particular pink

SewRuthieSews

@Diane, I loved that you made yourself some Pink Trousers

Do you find they get a lot of wear? I was wondering about making myself a pair of pink trousers, shorts or culottes but can't imagine if I would actually wear them?

Does anyone else enjoy wearing red or pink bottoms? If so what's you go to styling of them in an outfit?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 10:07:04 AM by SewRuthieSews »

Lachica

Re: Coloured bottoms - in particular pink
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2022, 22:29:03 PM »
I have 2 pairs of red jeans, RTW, one bright red stretchy and one brick red. I wear them with patterned t shirts made by me which have a bit of the same colour.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

Ouryve

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2022, 22:34:40 PM »
I have some bright pink cropped jeans and wear them with one of my many teal or turquoise t-shirts and white trainers. They look particularly good with stripes.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

realale

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2022, 22:36:19 PM »
I used to wear red Jeans but haven't found any lately that will fit me. As to pink in your nether regions please be careful of the shade - I was watching a YouTube recording of a church service and was shocked to see one of the women there wearing a tunic top and nothing else...... of course, she had pink leggings on but unless you looked carefully it was a bit arresting!!  :scream: It wasn't even flesh coloured pink!!  :P
So many beers, so little time.

BrendaP

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2022, 22:54:34 PM »
Yes, I wear pink trousers. 

I have a pair of bright pink leggings for Pilates - same fabric as the existing tee shirt in my entry for the one pattern two looks competition.  Too much to wear them together, the leggings get worn with a black or a white top.

I also have some pink M&S Jeggings and just a couple of weeks ago I got rid of some lighter pink me-made jeans which shrank in the wash were too tight, but whilst I could I liked wearing them.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Starryfish

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2022, 22:57:21 PM »
I have a pair of Style Arc Clare trousers in dark rose linen. I love them! Would never wear pale pink/nude trousers, i'll leave that to the twenty somethings. My legs are not a thing of beauty.
A day without sewing is a day wasted.

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2022, 23:07:37 PM »
I only ever wear black trousers
Triumph of hope over experience :D

mudcat

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2022, 02:19:12 AM »
I bought red, hyacinth (purplish) and ginger (copperish) stretch denim from Emma One Sock a few years ago intending to make the Jalie faux Eleonore jean but my test version didn't fit the way I wanted and I never got around to fixing it.  I'd still wear any of those three colors as pants but I'm not sure if I'd wear pink pants. It would depend on the shade.  If it was a darker shade than maybe yes.  Pink skirt wouldn't be a problem at all nor would leggings but I only wear leggings at home.  I don't wear shorts at all. <shudder>

I do wear my lime green Cutting Line Designs Discover Something Novel pants with a black asymmetrical linen tunic type top.

90% of the time I wear black pants.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 02:34:39 AM by mudcat »

Diane

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2022, 07:20:53 AM »
@Diane, I loved that you made yourself some Pink Trousers

Do you find they get a lot of wear? I was wondering about making myself a pair of pink trousers, shorts or culottes but can't imagine if I would actually wear them?

Does anyone else enjoy wearing red or pink bottoms? If so what's you go to styling of them in an outfit?

@SewRuthieSews i made the “style arc Cheryl pants” and I wear them all the time as they are so comfy, I didn’t even have to adjust them. The pink ones are a dusky pink, not a bright pink but very soft in colour. Go for it, there are no rules, if you like them then wear them. I made mine out of the suiting fabric from Minerva, it soft and doesn’t crease at all, if you’d like a sample let me know as I have some scraps left over and I’d happily pop you a piece in the post.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:55:49 AM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Puzzler

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2022, 07:50:41 AM »
What is the fabric blend of the suiting fabric @Diane ?

I made a sugary pink trouser suit when I was just beginning my sewing adventures as a teen. I recall the jacket had wide rounded lapels and I hadn’t finished the inside edge properly, no facing or binding. Shame on me. Wouldn’t wear that get-up if you paid me today. I do, however, have some blush pink trouser weight fabric in my stash. It is a stretch woven. I am a now a bit paranoid after reading @realale ’s post.   :\

I do fancy some lavender jeans or trousers.

Nevis5

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2022, 08:19:23 AM »
You're inspiring me @SewRuthieSews  and @Diane   ! I have a lovely piece of a dusty rose denim sitting in my stash which was earmarked for the Jalie Eleanore jeans years ago but lost the confidence to make/wear them.  I might just drag it out..... :thinking:  xx

Diane

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2022, 08:43:22 AM »
@Puzzler This is what I ordered

If anyone wants a sample, i'm happy to pop a piece in the post. I have some rose pink, denim blue and khaki scraps
« Last Edit: June 30, 2022, 08:54:29 AM by Diane »
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Greybird

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2022, 08:46:43 AM »
I was expecting something a whole lot different from the title of this thread.

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2022, 09:17:26 AM »
In my opinion, and then my fashion sense is unique, only denim jeans should be in colours, ordinary trousers in pastel shades are just so, err, errm, uh, well, old lady - says the old lady sitting here with her feet up  0_0

Diane

« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2022, 09:33:07 AM »
I think you should wear what you like, as i said previously "there are no rules" if i feel comfortable in something and i love the colour then i'm going to wear it........