The Sewing Place

Style Arc coat pattern

annieeg

Style Arc coat pattern
« on: July 12, 2022, 08:18:12 AM »
Just got an email alert sbout the new Style Arc desig we Ormond coat.   It looks like a super pattern..

Helen M

Re: Style Arc coat pattern
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2022, 09:25:46 AM »
I saw a snippet on Instagram last night and it did look nice. Looking at it more closely not so sure, centre back pleat would annoy me getting in and out of cars, and prefer set in to raglan.

My fave 'to do' coat from Style Arc is the Stella. My friend in the US made it and it fitted me perfectly (we are the same size and would swap things occasionally when she was still over here). I have fabric and pattern to make into a mac, partly as a toile, but never got it done......

https://www.stylearc.com/shop/sewing-patterns/stella-coat/ it isn't available as a PDF though.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2022, 09:44:53 AM »
I saw that pattern, I love the back of it, but it would need fairly thin fabric. 
Wouldn't work for me though, as I'm far too fat  :laughing:

annieeg

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2022, 09:55:16 AM »
What I particularly like is the front  belt set in the side seam and love the pleat at the back.  Must admit @Helen M the Stella coat looks a nice pattern too.

Ploshkin

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2022, 10:42:18 AM »
It's too voluminous for me, I think I would be swamped by all that fabric.
Life's too short for ironing.

maliw

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2022, 10:44:06 AM »
Nice coats, I love StyleArc patterns, however I don't need a coat so I'm not tempted -------yet.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula