The Sewing Place

sewminds enjoyable makes this year. 2022

sewminds

sewminds enjoyable makes this year. 2022
« on: July 16, 2022, 08:02:09 AM »
I'm just going to pop some pics in here of enjoyable yarny makes this year.

I've received the yarn to make a couple more. Another size 2 and a size 6. Fellowship cloak by Lisa Chemery.

For my son to wear under his bike jacket. Arden dickie by Rastus Hsu.

Epona for my daughter, by Linda Marveng.

Chunky spiral beanie by Elvee Dickinson

and another by Elvee Dickinson, crochet this time..The Not-So-Chunky Guy Beanie(which looks great on girls  :laughing:). I'll also be making 2 more of these to match the 2 cloaks.

Oh ok, one more.
This Shoop I had to completely remake in Angel mode(took over the job from another lass who couldn't finish for personal reasons)

Puzzler

Re: sewminds enjoyable makes this year. 2022
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2022, 08:06:04 AM »
Enjoy seeing your projects. Absolutely love the shoop! 

Sheilago

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2022, 09:31:05 AM »
All lovely. Especially like the spiral beanie.

sewminds

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2022, 11:03:28 AM »
@Puzzler Thank you! :hug:
 I have a soft spot for HeidiBears patterns. I like the fact you can join as you go so there's no sewing...well apart from sewing on the ears, tail and facial features on Shoop.
I've finally purchased and traded for some mini skeins to make 'Pumpkin the Pteranodon' and purchased the yarns awhile ago for Plod the African Flower Triceratops. I should make at least Plod this year. No doubt the Grandie will score it but it's really for her mum.
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2022, 11:06:06 AM »
@Sheilago Thank you!  :*

Look it's a fun make, you can do it in a day and it's very effective.
the designer has made it so both tastes are catered to, beanie lovers and slouchie lovers.
Sew it needs juice!

Diane

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2022, 11:07:08 AM »
@sewminds I love the crocheted lamb  :loveit: I wish i could crochet, i'm trying to learn at the moment but it all looks so confusing.
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

Diane

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2022, 11:09:27 AM »
@sewminds I've just had a look at the heidi bears patterns, wish i hadn't looked now  :laughing: at least there is one saving grace.....i can't crochet so won't be buying anything (at the moment)
I’m a fabricholic on the road to recovery. Just kidding. I’m on the road to the fabric store.

Janome Memory Craft Horizon 9450QCP, Janome 4300QDC, Overlocker Brother 1034d, Husqvarna Viking Designer Topaz 40

sewminds

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2022, 12:18:05 PM »
Thanks @Diane  0_0 He is a cutie pie. The lass absolutely loved him when he arrived and good timing too seeing as she'd just had her third child. Annnnd, made for wee ones with the small gauge and sewn eyes.

The first thing I have to ask, are you a lefty or a righty?

Sew it needs juice!

Ouryve

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2022, 12:24:36 PM »
They're fabulous.

I have a man sized head so often peruse the man sized patterns.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

sewminds

« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2022, 12:28:51 PM »
@Diane All in good time grasshopper!  :ninja:
I'm trying hard to remind myself I can't do everything, nor all at the same time, of things I can.
It's like a kid in the candy store, eyes bigger than the stomach.
My other wants are to get back into my gem polishing and to expand the bear making. I tend to cycle through my crafts and methinks I'm going through another transition phase.
Oh and I'm definitely a pattern junkie  :embarrassed:
Sew it needs juice!

Diane

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2022, 12:34:04 PM »
@Diane  0_0
The first thing I have to ask, are you a lefty or a righty?
@sewminds I’m a righty  :)

sewminds

« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2022, 12:34:19 PM »
Oh cheers @Ouryve:hug:

my Grandie is the same and at one, her head is larger than her mum's. Her dad has a large head too, 24". I made my son inlaw the The Not-So-Chunky Guy Beanie as well and he reaches for it constantly. It's actually a reversible design, ridged one way and smooth the other. I'll have to see if I have a photo of him wearing it.
Sew it needs juice!

Diane

« Reply #12 on: July 16, 2022, 12:38:20 PM »
@sewminds It’s a good idea to have several different crafts. I like sewing/quilting, knitting (basic stuff only),needle felting, crochet (learning) and I have all what you need to do watercolour painting (yet to try this). I flit between them depending on my mood.

sewminds

« Reply #13 on: July 16, 2022, 12:46:53 PM »
Being a righty puts you at an advantage so that's a good start.
Did you ever make a yarn chain with your fingers as a kid? You know the action of hooking the yarn with your pointer finger and dragging the yarn through the loop? You do the same with the hook. You just need to find a comfortable way to hold the yarn with your left hand.
Some like to wrap the yarn around a finger, or two, to tension. Lately, I've been having the yarn lying over my pointer but gently tension the yarn in my palm by my other fingers..so in a way like a clenched 3 fingered fist but it's not clenched tight.

After seeing the yarn tension ring that stranded knitters like to wear, I've wondered how that would go for crochet. I confess, after all these years of crochet, I still don't like holding the yarn in the left hand.  :D Maybe it's the knitter in me rebelling.

I found a site years ago that used all gifs to show how to make the different crochet stitches. I'll see if I bookmarked it on my rav page.
Sew it needs juice!

sewminds

« Reply #14 on: July 16, 2022, 13:07:34 PM »
@Diane Found it!

now be aware, the terminology here is US terms. I used to know it by all the British but so many amigs use US that I now know most of those as well. I do find I'm double checking myself on the not so oft used stitches... it's the grey hairs I tell ya.
the stitches are still the same, they just call them by different names.

Oh I'm with you, absolutely a 'mood' maker. I do have to be careful though with the knitting. If I don't break it up every once in a while with crochet, I'll get terrible swelling on the start of the arm, right next to the wrist. So that's another bonus to being able to do more than one thing.
 I know I will probably struggle with making 2 more cloaks and 2 more beanies, I rarely do repeats, and if I do, not back to back. So they will be a challenge and I'll definitely be relying on the colour changes to keep me going.

You have a couple of crafts I've not tried, patchwork with a sewing machine and needle felting(DD gave me a small kit because I was talking about it..but I was meaning for her sister  :laughing:..oh well) Haven't dabbled with water colour but did have a fun night at one of dad's oil painting classes. That was spesh.
Sew it needs juice!