The Sewing Place

CopyCatWristBag

b15erk

Re: CopyCatWristBag
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2022, 11:53:54 AM »
When I make the next one, I'll try to take pics of the way I did it @Ohsewsimple .  I'm not usually very quick at figuring things out, but this was very easy. 

I now have two more to sew - just need to work out the zips - they are expensive (and confusing).  By the third one, I should know what I'm doing!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2022, 12:20:08 PM »
Well, what do you know?  Looking for something completely different, and found a tutorial for the wrist bag I've just made!  The only difference is, that the front pocket closes with a snap, not a zip.

I know that @Ohsewsimple , was interested, but for anyone else as well, it's HERE

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2022, 12:40:56 PM »
That’s the way it goes sometimes @b15erk.  Thanks for the link.  I’m going to have a good watch and save it.  :thumb:

Vezelay

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2022, 17:57:27 PM »
That looks a fun make @b15erk, though I've no idea how you did that without instructions. DH wants his briefcase/bag copied but I'm only up for it if I can find a pattern! Our brains must be wired differently.

b15erk

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2022, 20:40:57 PM »
@Vezelay  - I've no idea either!  :laughing:  I've just started the second one, and I'm scratching my head already! :facepalm:

I think the first one must have been a pure fluke... :facepalm:

Unless, it is the fact that I'm considering a commision from Theo, for a Scabbard for his new Curvy sword.  Don't ask, it's his 'thing', he has an umbrella stand full of them...   :rolleyes:  I've cut the leather, now the glue and paint bit... :rolleyes:

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Jessie

Acorn

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2022, 20:42:19 PM »
 :laughing:  This is what you get for being the granny who can make anything!!   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2022, 20:44:47 PM »
@Acorn  - he just thinks I can do anything... :faints:

He asks so nicely though... :angel:

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2022, 20:56:17 PM »
Diversion over, and I got back to my second 3 pouch bag this afternoon.  I took it slowly, I wanted to get the construction steps right as I'm making a couple more for Christmas presents.

So, here it is, and I'm rather pleased with it.  Not because it's perfect - it's far from it, but I now know what works, and how the cconstruction should go.  I'd like to get it down on paper, but it won't be tonight.

Here's my second bag

Jessie

Cazlyn

« Reply #23 on: September 10, 2022, 07:02:33 AM »
Good job, it looks great.
Crafting is my happy place

realale

« Reply #24 on: September 10, 2022, 07:21:57 AM »
Looking good @b15erk  :perfect10:
So many beers, so little time.

Silver Rose

« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2022, 08:06:58 AM »
Lovely job  :thumb: you are very patient.
Still learning

Lachica

« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2022, 08:23:12 AM »
That's lovely! I like your little 'hand made' charm thingy - is it crimped on? Where did you get it?
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.

b15erk

« Reply #27 on: September 10, 2022, 08:32:21 AM »
@Lachica , it's from Amazon.  Not cheap, but as these were for Christmas presents, I thought that made it OK.  I may look for something smaller though as I'm worried it looks a bit 'blingy'.

Thanks for all your kind words, I'll put a proper finished pic up later - I still have ends to snip and lining to finish off.

Jessie

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #28 on: September 10, 2022, 08:33:59 AM »
Well done on working it out!  As I started to read through, I was thinking you could rivet the two pouches together, but then read you'd sewn them anyway.

b15erk

« Reply #29 on: September 10, 2022, 08:51:17 AM »
@Bodgeitandscarper , I sewed them together because the original was sewn, but you could certainly rivet them - especially as I now have a swanky new Rivet Press.  I do find that I like them sewn together, because it makes a nice little space for my lipstick - which is why I put a snap there.  Tbh, I've just seen your small zip bag, and that design would look lovely on the front!  :laughing: :laughing:

Now, I wonder if OH fancies stumping up for an embroidery machine...  :laughing: :thinking: :laughing:

Jessie