The Sewing Place

Butterick Summer Patterns

classical retro

Butterick Summer Patterns
« on: July 26, 2022, 20:35:43 PM »
Here's the link.

They have given me inspiration to amend patterns I currently have, this (I've even got the double gauze); and this, but this, is a little cutie. I think there must be something wrong with me.  :scream: I don't usually look at the children's patterns. I must be a sucker for collars.

CR :angel:

Tamnymore

Re: Butterick Summer Patterns
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2022, 21:10:47 PM »
Those are the best ones @classical retro but I can't see much else I like. Also are the digital versions of the new patterns hiding somewhere? No Katherine Tilton pattern either and there wasn't a Marcy Tilton in the latest Vogue release. These are supposed to be the summer patterns and it's nearly August. Can't help feeling that the Vogue/Butterick/McCalls empire is going off the boil a bit!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2022, 06:02:05 AM »
@Tamnymore , with each new release I expect to find the Tilton sisters have finally retired.     
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Tamnymore

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2022, 08:05:19 AM »
I suspect you are right @Renegade Sewist . There are only so many asymmetric tops that can be designed in the world...... I'm just plodding through making a Marcy Tilton shirt from last year's patterns. At least this one doesn't seem to have any drafting errors,! Having said that some of my favourite patterns ever have been Tiltons.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Kwaaked

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2022, 13:56:56 PM »
Well.   I like the caftan (6900) but that was one of the first style of patterns I drafted at a class, and I like mine better. 

I like 6892, but hate the sleeves, and it seems that I have seen this in a Burda mag.

I don't like the retro reprint, but I have the original pattern anyway.  Also, are vests a thing again? 

6895, 6896 and 6897 were maternity tops I had in 1998-99, and totally not me even there.  The last one my daughter might like since she is into the tired everything.

Kids stuff is cute, but seems very old fashioned and not what I see toddlers wearing today.  I know it is supposed to be replicas of stuff in boutiques, but it is not what I am seeing on little kids.  For one, all that needs to be ironed and another, if it isn't knits, leggings or combos of them...I just don't see parents putting that on kids.  I wish they would, mind you.  Kids look cute in well made clothes.

Not a fan of this collection, but I can see where some would like it.

Puzzler

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2022, 19:03:22 PM »
I like the sleeveless version of 6892 with the piece hanging from the seam (not sure what you’d call that). I see myself in this as a MOB but neither Puzzlerette appears to be getting married anytime soon. I suppose it gives me time to slim down in order to look good in such a dress.  0_0