The Sewing Place

Throw-type Stuff

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Throw-type Stuff
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2022, 10:41:57 AM »
I bloody hate throws, but we have them for the woofbags.  They are grey ones to match the furniture though, and yes, constantly being put back in place.

I'm not meaning to upset anyone, but I do wonder why you'd buy a nice settee in a colour you love, then cover it up with a totally different coloured throw?  It's like having a nice carpet, then covering it up with a rug to "keep it nice".

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2022, 16:13:25 PM »
I have fleece blankets handy on the sofa to snuggle under when watching tv in cooler months or if one of us is up in the middle of the night.

At a previous house I had a small sofa bed in the conservatory and had a fleece blanket over the back to protect it from the sun. It didn't go on the seats though.

I have an enormous fleece blanket I bought in Ikea which we use on our super king bed as an extra layer.
They have a couple of different ones which are 230 x 250, would that be big enough.

Acorn

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2022, 09:48:18 AM »
@HenriettaMaria Do you know whether 18,000 is a high martindale number?
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

LeilaMay

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2022, 10:01:59 AM »
Report about Martindale tests here - your number in the 'light domestic use' category I think?

https://www.justfabrics.co.uk/inspiration/the-martindale-test-fabric-rub-count/

Acorn

« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2022, 10:06:31 AM »
Thanks @LeilaMay - that's a shame! 
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ouryve

« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2022, 22:53:09 PM »
Report about Martindale tests here - your number in the 'light domestic use' category I think?

https://www.justfabrics.co.uk/inspiration/the-martindale-test-fabric-rub-count/

"The Martindale test measures wear on a fabric but it doesn’t test for UV light, chemicals, dirt, or pet claws or stains. All of these and the fabric composition, furniture design and maintenance will also affect the longevity of your furniture."

Looking down at the chair I'm sitting on in the dining room - bought inexpensively from Next when we moved in. Lovely styling, fabric barely worn but stained (and tainted) by a huge variety of fluids and goop. And the legs have become wonky.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 08:14:33 AM by Iminei »
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"