The Sewing Place

FultonSweater/BlazerPattern=AlinaSewingDesignCo.

b15erk

FultonSweater/BlazerPattern=AlinaSewingDesignCo.
« on: July 30, 2022, 14:06:16 PM »
I found this pattern when I was looking for something else, and I really like it.  Has anyone used this or any other patterns by this company?  It seems expensive, but it also looks like something I would wear a lot (I have something similar rtw).

FultonSweater/BlazerPattern

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Helen M

Re: FultonSweater/BlazerPattern=AlinaSewingDesignCo.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2022, 15:00:53 PM »
I have the pattern but never got around to making it up...... I think the dollar rate was a bit more in our favour at the time as well and maybe it's gone up since.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Puzzler

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2022, 15:19:40 PM »
Several favourable reviews here: https://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/reviewgallery.pl

Sorry, this isn’t the link to the correct page but if you type Fulton in the pattern number field and click on the search button it should bring you to the correct page.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 15:24:16 PM by Puzzler »

b15erk

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2022, 15:22:47 PM »
Thanks both @Helen M , and @Puzzler !  I've just gone to buy it, and it's gone up $3 - for VAT!

I'll see if there are any vouchers I think...  although I love that style.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Puzzler

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2022, 15:26:04 PM »
I recognised that I had a similar pattern, the Victoria Blazer from By Hand. I have the paper copy. Not sure of they offer a PDF version.

sewmuchmore

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2022, 18:23:38 PM »
A bloger reviewed it and she advised
"The collar is a bit tricky, but worth getting right, so make sure you go slow and make little changes if you need to". Not sure she followed her own advise when you look at the photos.
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2022, 18:49:15 PM »
Oh dear @sewmuchmore i see what you mean.  :thinking:

b15erk

Re: Fulton Sweater/Blazer Pattern = Alina Sewing Design Co.
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2022, 19:19:33 PM »
Ooops @sewmuchmore !  That looks a bit iffy!

Jessie

« Last Edit: July 30, 2022, 19:26:54 PM by b15erk »

Ouryve

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2022, 19:23:43 PM »
Oh dear!

And taking of oh dear, is it possible to have some spaces in the thread title because it's playing havoc with the formatting on my phone.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

b15erk

Re: Fulton Sweater/Blazer Pattern=Alina Sewing Design Co.
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2022, 19:29:03 PM »
Your wish @Ouryve !  Spaces as requested!  (I think??)

Jessie

Ouryve

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2022, 20:12:51 PM »
The spaces are on my mentions page, @b15erk, but nowhere else seems to have got the message  :S
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Helen M

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2022, 20:19:59 PM »
@b15erk if you're on Instagram look for@IntoStitches and go well down her posts and look for a mustard one that she is wearing inside out. It's around 2019 so you need to keep scrolling! I'm not sure if she has a blog as well but I like a lot of her makes.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  1.5 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 55

Tamnymore

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2022, 20:36:02 PM »
Nice pattern. Interesting that they charge you UK VAT. A few months ago I had a good old check of VAT rules for imports and my understanding is that no VAT should be charged on paper patterns coming into the UK. I've had several orders from Somethingdelightful and VAT hasn't been added. I've also not been charged VAT on pdfs from the US and Australia.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

b15erk

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2022, 20:40:34 PM »
@Helen M , I'll have a look on Instagram when I go down, I'm just finishing off pyjama pants for Theo...

@Tamnymore , I was a bit put out about the VAT, and delayed purchasing.  It just didn't seem right...

Jessie

b15erk

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2022, 20:42:58 PM »
@Ouryve , I did put the spaces in - promise!  It shows only on the one post though.  I'm afraid I don't know how to change it on the whole thread... :rolleyes:  Maybe a kind Mod will stroll along...

Jessie