The Sewing Place

Uh Oh

Iminei

Uh Oh
« on: November 24, 2022, 11:00:16 AM »
Since I changed my lappy I have not used the PES programme that I had installed on the old one ... until this morning when I needed to access the fonts so I plugged the unit in and waited for the big flowery thing to materialise on the screen  and ...

Yes you guessed it ... It didnt!

So I sorta know whats happened but dont know how to remedy it ... Any ideas?
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Bodgeitandscarper

Re: Uh Oh
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2022, 12:27:22 PM »
Not sure what you mean by "the unit" ?

And what do you think has happened?

Iminei

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2022, 08:05:16 AM »
The Unit ... The clunky thingymy you have to plug in to access the programme ... it carrys a card which you then copy the design onto and stick into the side of the EM ...

Obvs Elvistoo, being a new(ish) V3 doesnt take that card but a USB instead but you still need the clunky thing plugged in to open the programme.

I haven't 'installed' the programme onto my computer which, I think, I did with a disc but my new lappy doesnt have a disc drive .. as apparently, many new lappys dont.

Soooooooo ???

WildAtlanticWay

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2022, 09:18:02 AM »
I’m guessing that you need some specific software to access your embroidery files or are you talking about an ordinary word processing package? (You mention Fonts.)

The clunky thing…is this a dvd drive or ancient floppy disk drive or…?

Could you be a bit more specific about what the software is called for those of us that don’t have an embroidery machine? We might be able to offer alternatives for you? In some cases, files can be downloaded directly off the net and if we knew what you needed, we could have a look or if someone already has that software, maybe they can upload the file to a sharing site for you to access?

Im currently investigating very basic embroidery machines so am very interested in learning more. 😊

The person who set up your laptop presumably has access to a dvd drive? 

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2022, 09:18:07 AM »
Sooo - you may have to buy a separate disc drive to load the programme from the cd.  Here is a very cheap one - no need to spend much on one if you're not going to use it for much more than this one occasion.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 09:19:54 AM by Bodgeitandscarper »

Celia

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2022, 09:22:53 AM »
@Iminei

What version of the brother software are you using as some of the older ones don’t work on the new operating systems anyway.

What are you trying to do? If it is just lettering there maybe an alternative software that is more comparable to both your computer and your newer machine.

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2022, 10:56:28 AM »
Will get back to you later this w/e  or Monday as surprisingly I have a busy weekend on.

Please hang on in there thx xxx

Celia

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2022, 16:16:44 PM »
No rush just when you are ready @Iminei have a great weekend :hug:

sewmuchmore

« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2022, 09:51:32 AM »
@Iminei you definitely need to reinstall the software via the disc you have and yes you will need to buy a disc drive. When you have reinstalled onto your new laptop don't be surprised if you have lost all the designs that you have added yourself i.e., bought and downloaded as the software will only install what is on the disc. Ask me how i know. I learnt the hard way so now i backup all my designs onto a USB stick.
On the plus side you will be able to download any purchased designs via your account on the websites.

Sorry forgot to say as well that depending on your software it may not run if your new laptop is windows 11 see info on Brother site
« Last Edit: November 28, 2022, 09:57:53 AM by sewmuchmore »
It's not easy being this perfekt

Janet

Iminei

« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2022, 08:04:48 AM »
I may not bother ... the onboard font on the V£ are ok and I can buy new direct from the ether.
I have embroidery designs on my lappy. transferred from the old laptop (which I hate to say I dont miss at all  :rolleyes:

Im on windows 10 at the moment but have windows 11 waiting in the wings for when I decided to totally confuse myself once more.

At the moment Im trying to find a nice anemone (flower) design for my A Gell.

Celia

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2022, 11:24:39 AM »

@Iminei

If you are looking for a free software program that allows you to make your own fonts from the built in fonts on your computer you could try this one https://www.husqvarnaviking.com/Support/Complimentary-Software. It is very good.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2022, 12:45:44 PM »
@Celia didn't know they did it for Macs now!   Will have to download it and have a look.   Thanks.  :thumb:   Although I have Embrilliance anyway.  But you can never have too many bows to your string as they say. 

Iminei

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2022, 09:14:23 AM »
I think I might try and sell the PE Plus kit ... I dont use it anymore.
But thanks for all your help.