The Sewing Place

Help pattern for fleece jacket

Celia

Help pattern for fleece jacket
« on: August 04, 2022, 11:38:43 AM »
I am looking for a simple style pattern for a fleece jacket that has a front zip and NO hood.

I also don’t want it with 20 seams and sculpted which is all I seem to be able to find.  I want it for my Son he has one but I don’t feel up to copying it especially around the neck and zip.  It would be good if I could find a unisex one as I think I might like one too.

Any ideas all I can find is hoodies or very fitted sports style.

Thanks

WildAtlanticWay

Re: Help pattern for fleece jacket
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2022, 12:14:23 PM »
Style ARC have quite a few zipped jackets, so might be worth looking at their website?

[ You are not allowed to view attachments ]    [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Ouryve

« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2022, 15:01:36 PM »
Wardrobe by me have a couple of possibilities in their range https://wardrobebyme.com/collections/mens-sewing-patterns?page=1
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Gernella

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2022, 10:05:56 AM »
I've used this a few times @Celia  so far I've had a body warmer, fleece and quilted and also a waterproof jacket 

https://sewing.patternreview.com/Patterns/49372

Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

maliw

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2022, 11:30:40 AM »
I've made Style Arc Logan shacket - I made it in flannel first and then in fleece. It's proved very useful to throw on if the weather is a bit cool.
Also it's quite big size wise.
Sorry can't put up a link as puter isn't playing nicely at the moment.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Flobear

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2022, 12:34:35 PM »
That Butterick pattern is exactly what I want for myself @Gernella !  However, limited availability means Etsy and a charge of £12+ for delivery on top of the cost of the pattern. Presumably it would be coming in the Queen's Golden Coronation carriage  :S

I'll keep looking  -<
Proud new owner of Elvistoo !!

StitchinTime

« Last Edit: August 06, 2022, 12:59:03 PM by StitchinTime »

Flobear

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2022, 13:39:46 PM »
Looks ideal for me @StitchinTime  - hope it helps @Celia who asked the question!

Celia

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2022, 13:46:01 PM »
Thank you everyone I am looking through all these and am sure one will be great, just got to show my Son and see what he thinks, the material is on its way, I bought some cheap fleece from pound fabrics just to test out a pattern but still need to buy a zip, if it works out then I will buy something in a better colour for him.

Thanks again

Gernella

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2022, 16:06:40 PM »
You can have mine if you want @Flobear however it will not be in pristine condition, size 14/16 I think.  Sometimes they all seem to rejig their pictures with old stuff and put a new number on to con you it's brand new.
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

Flobear

« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2022, 20:37:20 PM »
That's such a kind offer @Gernella . I would very much like to trace off a couple of the views and will happily return it to you.

Gernella

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2022, 09:57:45 AM »
Let me find it @Flobear and I'll get back to you.  I suspect it's in one of two baskets under my sewing table, not used and might use and used but might use again :laughing:

Gernella

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2022, 12:02:17 PM »
Wasn't where I thought it was, it was in current, but it's all coming  back to me now. :laughing:  Last time I used it I found a piece missing, probably in another envelope, so I bought a second pattern off Ebay.  I'm almost sure it was the sleeve.  So inside there is a second pattern with just the sleeve taken off.

Best thing is to take the second pattern out, take a copy of whatever was missing, sleeve probably, and keep it.  Its only taking room up in the envelope as I'd had to leave some out and put in an A5 plastic folder.

Just PM your address and I'll send on only it will be Wednesday before I get to the post office so no rush.

Flobear

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2022, 12:56:35 PM »
Thank you for your trouble @Gernella  :hug:  No rush, I've got a friend staying in just over a week so it's mad cleaning and tidying for the forseeable.
Will pm now.