The Sewing Place

Do you know of a pattern for this?

Suffolkone1

Do you know of a pattern for this?
« on: August 07, 2022, 15:15:59 PM »
Does anyone know of a pattern that will make a top which is basically two long oblongs, buttons all the way long the top, i.e. down the top of the right arm and down the top of the left arm with a gap for the head. It will hang over the  body and need a cami underneath. I know it sounds simple enough to 'cobble' a pattern but I'm not  so sure.

Ouryve

Re: Do you know of a pattern for this?
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2022, 16:14:38 PM »
You might be able to adapt a caftan pattern to have the buttons.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2022, 16:23:10 PM »
How about this. 
https://www.thriftanistainthecity.com/2015/06/african-print-caftan-diy.html

As @Ouryve says, you need to adapt it for the buttons. 

Suffolkone1

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2022, 17:52:05 PM »
Cracked it I think!!!  Simplicity 9058 - really like this and as with the kaftan suggestions  can just alter the button positions!

classical retro

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2022, 09:06:27 AM »
Thank you for this link ohsewsimple. I have a number of my dad’s shirts from the ‘60’s, good quality cotton so not to be thrown so I wear them around the house as they are huge and cool in summer. Now I can adapt some to wear outdoors and look stylish. There’s still a lot of wear left in them and I can use up leftover fabric for the binding. Two savers in one. YEAH.
Off to get rooting.

CR :angel:

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2022, 11:08:48 AM »
Thank you for this link ohsewsimple. I have a number of my dad’s shirts from the ‘60’s, good quality cotton so not to be thrown so I wear them around the house as they are huge and cool in summer. Now I can adapt some to wear outdoors and look stylish. There’s still a lot of wear left in them and I can use up leftover fabric for the binding. Two savers in one. YEAH.
Off to get rooting.

CR :angel:

Ooh would they be boring ones or are there any psychedelic prints? 
There’s lots of patterns out there for kaftans but this one was quite interesting.  I can’t find the one I came across before.  I’ve saved it somewhere.  :laughing: