The Sewing Place

Cannot find any information……

BedminsterGirl

Cannot find any information……
« on: August 08, 2022, 13:42:49 PM »
I have just bought a Singer 3827. Made in China and the 3827 is firmly glued to the original ID?
I have bought a manual purporting to be for this machine. It sort of matches it.
It is a low shank, and serviced. Bought from my local shop.
I wondered if anyone on here knew anything about it. It must match similar earlier machines.  New to sewing and well past retirement! Peterborough UK. 

LeilaMay

Re: Cannot find any information……
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2022, 13:52:17 PM »
What is it that you want to know?
If you have operational questions, perhaps the shop you bought it from can demonstrate it to you?
Enjoy your sewing
Leila

BedminsterGirl

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2022, 14:03:29 PM »
Shop not particularly helpful.
Approximate age and compatible feet. I am. I am new to all this.

LeilaMay

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2022, 14:31:27 PM »
You could use google - put in your machine number and name and lots of info should pop up.

I have no idea when the machine was made, if the machine was second hand I think you should have asked that when you bought it.
Sorry not to be able to more help

StitchinTime

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2022, 14:47:28 PM »
I've found a Korean blog from 2007 where someone had just bought this machine (at least I think that is what they have done as the automatic translation is not the best).
https://hany073-tistory-com.translate.goog/65927?_x_tr_sl=auto&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=wapp

Edit: Another mention of the machine on a Korean blog, this time from 2008.
https://m-blog-naver-com.translate.goog/yvet/30028578053?_x_tr_sl=ko&_x_tr_tl=en&_x_tr_hl=en&_x_tr_pto=sc

« Last Edit: August 08, 2022, 15:03:32 PM by StitchinTime »

BedminsterGirl

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2022, 15:29:27 PM »
Excellent reply. I have an approximate age now. Shop had no idea when I asked! A huge trawl of the internet checking serial numbers revealed absolutely nothing, which is why I joined this forum. I am sure useful bits of information will come in. It seems to be a very obscure machine.

StitchinTime

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2022, 15:43:27 PM »
With regards to feet, did it come with any and are they screw on or clip on?

This website has a range of feet, both screw on and clip on, that it says are compatible with your machine:
https://shop.sewingbeefabrics.co.uk/sewing-machine/low-shank/low-shank-singer-sewing-machine-feet/singer-3827/

BedminsterGirl

« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2022, 16:04:01 PM »
Yet to try as we are on a trip.

Kwaaked

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2022, 16:18:56 PM »
This is one of the only machines that you can't find a free manual, but this link will let you purchase one: https://www.singermachines.co.uk/sewingmachineparts/instruction-books/singer/singer-3827-manual.html

I have an earlier version of this machine*, and this was one that looks to be a EU market only version.  As a warning, it is not as heavy duty as they like to tell you, but it will sew well enough for the majority of sewing (like, I wouldn't make a pair of jeans on it or heavy vinyl).  I know mine is low shank and it will use any attachment and feet that are low shank, or snap ons with a low shank attachment foot.  I've used the button hole attachment on it fine, it's like any other machine.  If memory serves, it takes a plastic 66 class bobbin that drops in.

It was inherited, my mother bought it in the 90s from a school stopping their home ec and these machines were new in box for sale.

BedminsterGirl

« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2022, 17:38:11 PM »
Thanks for all the information. I bought it for simple alterations and shortening so it should be fine. Such a helpful site!

Greybird

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2022, 17:55:38 PM »
I hope you won't leave it there! We can be helpful in many other ways if you stick with us!

BedminsterGirl

« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2022, 13:10:24 PM »
With regards to feet, did it come with any and are they screw on or clip on?

This website has a range of feet, both screw on and clip on, that it says are compatible with your machine:
https://shop.sewingbeefabrics.co.uk/sewing-machine/low-shank/low-shank-singer-sewing-machine-feet/singer-3827/

This was a really useful reply. I have had time to look at it online, and there are a good range of feet for this machine, and uk based as well. Some feet came with the machine, but will need to ID them.Thank you very much indeed. I did quite a lot of digging about the machine before I came away, the seller wasn’t helpful, and did make enquiries with him at the point of sale and research serial numbers before joining this site. The machine was made in China, and another member sent me Taiwan links. Curiouser and curiouser.