The Sewing Place

Next two jumpers

LeilaMay

Next two jumpers
« on: August 16, 2022, 14:17:11 PM »
Now that I have replaced my printer, I can get  couple of patterns downloaded and begun.
My OH is having "Englishman in New York" in blue Kremke soul wool ( a recycled yarn)
and for me "Cornfield" by Drops but in a burgundy red yarn salvaged from a jumper I knitted him 20+ years ago that he never wore LOL

https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/englishman-in-new-york
https://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/173-13-cornfield

thought it might be fun to knit two things at once.. -<

Ouryve

Re: Next two jumpers
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 14:26:41 PM »
I like both of those very much. A nice balance of mindless and interesting knitting.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

LeilaMay

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 14:45:50 PM »
That was my hope, although DROPS patterns usually leave me going 'what the heck?'  :)

Acorn

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 14:50:47 PM »
I've knitted a couple of Drops patterns, and I must admit that I had to practically re-write the patterns (in terms of layout of instructions) before I could follow them!

I love that yellow cardigan.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Ellabella

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 14:58:38 PM »
Oh that’s brave, I’m a one thing at once girl.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 15:29:04 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who scratches their head over Drops patterns!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

SingingSinger

« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 16:09:53 PM »
I'm glad I'm not the only one who scratches their head over Drops patterns!

Jessie

Me too! I just cannot get my head around them!
Mostly a dressmaker with a few other crafts thrown in. Teetering on the Darkside. Owner of vintage machines Singer 201K and Elna Lotus SP (and a Brother Innovis 350SE and Pfaff Ambition 620)

LeilaMay

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2022, 17:07:51 PM »
They do have some lovely designs, and they give them out free, but sometimes  . . . well.
But if you take it line by line, I usually find they are correct, just not written how we might find easiest :)

Gernella

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2022, 17:12:07 PM »
Love both although the first one would be useless to DH, he rarely wears thick cardigans.  The second lovely but I doubt I have the patience now to follow a pattern like that as knitting is not something I have done for a long time.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

LeilaMay

« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2022, 17:18:05 PM »
Knitting is my main textile hobby, I knit all the time. I knitted two pairs of socks whilst watching the Tour de France  :)

coffeeandcake

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2022, 19:34:50 PM »
I really like the yellow (mustard?)  cardigan.  It's something that I would knit.

realale

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2022, 21:06:49 PM »
Love both those patterns but would knit neither!! (Beyond my skill set). Looking forward to seeing what you manage.  :thumb:
So many beers, so little time.

Celia

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2022, 21:20:54 PM »
Lovely choice, knitting is also my main hobby, there are not many days I don’t knit.

LeilaMay

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2022, 10:06:50 AM »
First surprise - I had checked that the DROPS cardigan was bottom up, but I find it's knitted on one needle up to the armpits, like a baby cardigan.
"Cast on 274 sts." LOL That took a while. Fortunately I was watching an old episode of Van de Valk, and I placed stitch markers every 50 stitches so the counting was easier.

b15erk

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2022, 10:29:34 AM »
These knitting posts are already making my fingers twitch!  I like to knit in the cooler evenings, so maybe I'll pick the needles up again soon.

Both of your patterns are lovely @LeilaMay , but far too advanced for me.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.