The Sewing Place

Sarah Veblen patterns?

Surest1tch

Sarah Veblen patterns?
« on: August 19, 2022, 15:34:28 PM »
Does anyone know if you can buy her "Eureka pants that fit" printed paper pattern in England please? I don't want a PDF pattern, there are usually too many bits and I nearly always get them muddled up. My figure shape changed after menopause plus I've lost over 2st in weight this year and get get to my sewing buddy to give me a hand fitting trousers properly.
I think I can get a printed pattern from the US but I'm not prepared to pay the handling charges the PO and customs charge, they get enough out of us as it is.
Thanks in advance.

Ouryve

Re: Sarah Veblen patterns?
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 15:56:45 PM »
They appear to be sold as fit for art. Minerva have them,  for an eye-watering price

https://www.minerva.com/mp/1272729/fit-for-art-sewing-pattern-eureka-pants-that-fit

I'd be inclined to stick with the pdf for any add ons as they're £13 each for not very much at all. [/size]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 17:11:52 PM by Ouryve »
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Surest1tch

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 17:06:34 PM »
Brilliant thank you @Ouryve, it is expensive I agree but it's $25 from the US by the time I'll have paid the postage plus customs and the PO office handling charge and probably VAT it'll probably work out around about the same.

Helen M

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 17:50:01 PM »
Could you perhaps buy the PDF and have it printed by Patternsy or similar?  You could then trace off it to alter.
Stash Busting 2024 - Goal: 25 metres
So far:  3.0 metres  ------ Donated : 0 metres
Items decluttered: 72

Tamnymore

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 20:08:19 PM »
@Surest1tch there shouldn't be VAT on paper patterns. I looked at this carefully when they changed the rules and paper patterns were in the no VAT zone so as long as your pattern is properly declared in the customs declaration I believe that you should be OK. I've bought several bundles of patterns from Vogue et al without anyone trying to charge me VAT or duty. Import duty is payable on larger values - I think the limit is still £135.

If your pdf has an A0 version then it's well worth thinking of whizzing it off to Patternsy - they charge £2.50  per A0 page and are very quick..I often buy Style arc patterns in their sales and get them printed by Patternsy for £5 per pattern.

But as the digital pattern is $20 once you add a fiver for printing and a couple of quid for p&p the Minerva offering doesn't seem so bad......
« Last Edit: August 19, 2022, 20:14:54 PM by Tamnymore »
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Surest1tch

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 15:36:54 PM »
I've ordered it from Minerva, at least I can send it back if I don't like it or it doesn't look like it's going to live up to the blurb, saying that it all comes down to if I've got time to use it!