The Sewing Place

Vogue Autumn Patterns

classical retro

Vogue Autumn Patterns
« on: August 19, 2022, 19:21:01 PM »
Here they are.
I'm surprised to see an 80's pattern and there are some interesting shapes,  but luckily nothing screaming grab me, grab me.
But on third thoughts the shorter version is better.

CR :angel:

Tamnymore

Re: Vogue Autumn Patterns
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2022, 19:33:17 PM »
Well it's better than the summer offering. I quite like the Guy Laroche coat. The sleeves on the Sandra Betzina top look as though they would trail your soup. Quite like the Rachel Comey top but as I wouldn't wear the shorts it wouldn't be a good buy. I see Marcy Tilton has returned to the fold - don't quite understand the cuffs on the shirt though. Need to see it in a big screen. Some quite nice retro dresses but these are usually a bit too fitted for me. There isn't a vast amount saying 'buy me' but there might be one or two patterns.
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

Ouryve

« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2022, 19:42:28 PM »
I'd do myself an injury in the floor length culottes but the shorter version is nice. There's a lot of design for design sake there. The armpit gussets look weird,  though I  can see what they're trying to do in an oversized shirt. See also darts in strange places and a dress with as many features as a child managed to select in a design package without it crashing.

I'm not a dress person.  The couple I have are in Jersey and more like long tunics. I love this,  though and it's a pattern I would contemplate if making something for a special occasion. Not sure how it would work with my lumps curves,  though.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Renegade Sewist

« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2022, 19:53:04 PM »
I'm surprised no one mentioned the men's jeans pattern. Nice with interesting leg detail in the back. I wouldn't make it though. I'm allergic to sewing denim.  ;)
Hey Bill! Read the manual!  Hehehe.

Ouryve

« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2022, 19:58:30 PM »
I did give it more than a passing look,  @Renegade Sewist  but not a lingering one.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Greybird

« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2022, 20:16:46 PM »
Still nothing to tempt me.

BrendaP

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2022, 20:21:13 PM »
Nothing to tempt me either.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Tamnymore

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2022, 21:00:51 PM »
Yes. Arm pit gussets??? I'll wait to see if Marcy Tilton does a blog post about this pattern. On a second look I thought the 1945 coat was quite interesting. I can never tell from.the stylized drawings!

realale

« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2022, 21:17:10 PM »
At first glance the culottes (short version) were the only thing to appeal to me but I only had a quick look.
So many beers, so little time.

Silver Rose

« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2022, 21:51:04 PM »
I like dress 1907 https://somethingdelightful.com/vogue-patterns/v1907 if only I was that slim  ;)
Still learning

classical retro

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2022, 01:19:02 AM »
Having another peruse, finished garment measurements - bust, hip, waist, are now on the pattern envelope. YEAH. Its the first time I’ve seen this on modern big 4, so hopefully they will follow suit with the other patterns in the stable.

Just need simplicity and Burda to give a description of the pattern ……..

CR :angel:

Nevis5

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2022, 08:54:59 AM »
I'm not very thrilled either.  Am I the only one whose eyes are screaming at the mismatch of the collar and the zip front of the coat on V1911?  I hate asymmetry at the best of times but I couldn't wear that!

Tamnymore

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2022, 10:58:22 AM »
Yes now you mention it there's something unpleasing about that @Nevis5 . Peeps on pattern review have been discussing  it. The mock-up of the pattern is visible on Carlos at Vogue's Instagram account - collar and zip mismatch are clearly visible there so it must be a design feature.

Ouryve

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2022, 12:37:07 PM »
V1911 is one of the patterns with features for features' sake,  IMO. Darts all over the place,  some inside out ones and yet it's pretty sack like,  even on the slim model. The collar is lovely but not with the zip flap.  That calls for a collar that doesn't meet in the middle, to look right.

Kwaaked

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2022, 13:09:28 PM »
Why have a purse hide the entire front 1911?  With what I can see...this is sort of a yeah, no.  I cant see enough to decide if I would like it or not.

I do like 1903.  Not much of a surprise since I like vintage and it's a good era since the 40s suit me.

I also like 1902.  Again, vintage, and I like the style of these types of blouses.  They are easy to wear and look nice.

Both have problems so it's not like I am going to run out and grab these unless I can find them on sale for around $3-4.  Nothing I'd pay near full price like you have to.

Now for 1912.  I like this, it suits my outdoor weekend lifestyle.  The top would be great for late fall and early winter.  There is something off about this though, and not sure I want to pay a higher price to go an ruin it by hiking.

@Renegade Sewist I'll mention those jeans.  They say " front and back seaming for a perfect fit"...but those are anything BUT.  Dude is shaped funny, and if he isn't then the pants make him look weird.  They miss basic details that make jeans, jeans.  They made a slack jean style, yet added work wear details (in the wrong spot?  Very least they didn't bring it around to the front), details you normally see on women's jeans circa 1990s, the knee point they drafted is too high on him,  and then made the break hit in a spot that isn't the more aesthetically pleasing for this particular model.

My dad was built like this man: short legs, very slim hips, square body shape.  These are not this model's jean.  The look both too big and too small and don't fit as if they were drafted for his body type.