The Sewing Place

Sian Thomas Bra Tutorial

b15erk

Sian Thomas Bra Tutorial
« on: June 27, 2017, 09:50:06 AM »
Just found this on Youtube, and it takes you step by step through the making of the Cloth Habit, Harriet Bra, which is an underwired bra.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRepyjHNcJg

Not a professional video, but a young lady who is making a bra which she will wear herself.

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Efemera

Re: Sian Thomas Bra Tutorial
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 12:56:54 PM »
It looks lovely on her and a good fit..... but I really couldn't be bothered making one.

CarolC

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 14:34:35 PM »
What a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing, Jessie. Bra making is definitely one of my must trys, as I have such terrible problems getting them to fit being smaller than standard.  <3 <3

Ploshkin

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 14:39:45 PM »
but I really couldn't be bothered making one.

That's what I thought until I made one (two now).  They are so unbelievably comfortable - no more yanking down the bottom all the time or putting up with straps that are too short and...... I don't have to have just black, white or grotty beige any more which is usually all you can get in unwired ones.
Life's too short for ironing.

sleepraptor

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 14:49:54 PM »
Ploshkin - which non-wired bra pattern do you use?  The restricted choice in non-wired really annoys me!  I've just had a go at making swimwear and knickers and I figured a bra will be on my list next...

sleepraptor

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 14:57:50 PM »
Ploshkin - which non-wired bra pattern do you use?  The restricted choice in non-wired really annoys me!  I've just had a go at making swimwear and knickers and I figured a bra will be on my list next...

Sorry, ignore me, I've just seen your other thread!

Ploshkin

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 20:11:56 PM »
The Watson bra is seriously comfortable (the normal one not the long line).
Before I started on the full construction of a tools I made up some cups in a couple of different sizes from a piece of jersey fabric to see which one seemed the best bet.
Life's too short for ironing.

sleepraptor

« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 13:25:23 PM »
Thanks, I might give it a go.