The Sewing Place

Griest eyelet template and buttonholer

Roger

Griest eyelet template and buttonholer
« on: June 27, 2017, 15:58:03 PM »
Hi
If you're looking for a griest buttonholer or the very rare eyelet template this might be for you:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/272732421461

If that works!
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Marniesews

Re: Griest eyelet template and buttonholer
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2017, 16:49:36 PM »
Presumably you already have this - did you mention it in one of the buttonholer posts already?  If so, how have you found it in use?

I've still not had the time to try out my Singer buttonholer as there are too many other things competing just now.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Roger

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2017, 17:51:06 PM »
Hi Jackie,

I do already have this template, and I haven't tested it, but they are like hens teeth.

I love the buttonholer tho I've used it a couple of times on the pfaff and it always produces an excellent buttonhole.

I'm sure you'll reach for your buttonholer for a future project but the eyelet hole is pretty niche.

Thanks

Roger
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

Madame Cholet

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 18:34:49 PM »
Ooh an eyelet template... well spotted! :P *drools* (even though I already have one).
Roger - I wonder - has anyone out there in the big wide world ever made a clone of one?
I daresay it could be done with say a 3D printer, or by lost wax aluminium casting, or.... something...?

Roger

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 19:20:27 PM »
Thank you Madame!

I have one too, I suspect the 3D printer might not be solid enough, but I'm a bit out of touch with that tech. I can't see the being over complex to make as you say a wax mould would probably do it.

Im a big fan of these buttonholers