The Sewing Place

Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm

Acorn

Re: Weekly Sewing Club Tuesdays 2-4pm
« Reply #780 on: April 02, 2024, 22:24:00 PM »
@Tamnymore I always have my hair tied up in a ponytail (high up to keep my neck cool) at night, so I'm expecting to have to find a way of making the two work together!!  I'm sure there will be a way...

@twopence I sleep on my front and side, so a scarf would have to be fixed in place somehow.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Tamnymore

« Reply #781 on: April 02, 2024, 22:43:26 PM »
Ah I see @Acorn . Sounds like experimenting is needed!
'One should either be a work of art, or wear a work of art.' Oscar Wilde

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #782 on: April 09, 2024, 08:42:43 AM »
Anyone going to be here later?

Tamnymore

« Reply #783 on: April 09, 2024, 08:45:36 AM »
Yes I'll be here @SewRuthieSews .....unless it's suddenly and unexpectedly sunny!

Celia

« Reply #784 on: April 09, 2024, 08:56:41 AM »
I will be absent today but I did sew my curtains yesterday so hopefully that counts :laughing: I hope you all have a good sewing afternoon

Silver Rose

« Reply #785 on: April 09, 2024, 09:20:22 AM »
I'll be here, cooking this morning, sewing this afternoon.
Still learning

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #786 on: April 09, 2024, 12:00:41 PM »
I’ve already been sewing!  :thumb:   Decided on jacket potatoes for dinner so no work for me.  After sorting washing and general stuff I was in there by 10 this morning.  I’m sure I’ve forgotten to do something.   ::thinks::

Coffee time now and then I’ll be back there in a while. 

Ouryve

« Reply #787 on: April 09, 2024, 12:24:50 PM »
I shall try to get a bit done but the light is dreadful and my chief light switcher offerer is still off school.
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Tamnymore

« Reply #788 on: April 09, 2024, 13:04:33 PM »
Doing the necklines of my toddler tee shirts and the neckbands look rather small to me. I know they have to be smaller than the neckline to lie flat but..... I'm going to sew one on but not irrevocably overlock to see how it looks.  ::thinks::
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 13:13:44 PM by Tamnymore »

Bjay

« Reply #789 on: April 09, 2024, 13:05:51 PM »
Hope to join you but sight is dreadful
Seeing double mostly
Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Ouryve

« Reply #790 on: April 09, 2024, 14:36:20 PM »
@Bjay  :hug:  did you say your other eye is to be zapped too? Hopefully your brain will cope better when your eyes match. I could have had a toric lens but that would have left my eyes unbalanced indefinitely. I can only just persuade them to work together as it is!

Pfanny is set up with one of my new threads, anyhow. It's a cooler grey than I was using and looks berrer against the chambray. I'm tempted to quilt one cushion with Pfanny and the other with Jane, though, just to compare the IDT vs walking foot.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2024, 14:40:33 PM by Ouryve »
Janome M50QDC - "Jane" - Small, cute and hard working. Pfaff Quilt Ambition 630 - "Pfanny" - Pfickle. Bernina L450 - "Bernie" - Very hungry. Bernina 830 Record - "Becky"

Silver Rose

« Reply #791 on: April 09, 2024, 15:02:42 PM »
I have been pinning and tacking the sleeves in the top and the hems but I have a stiff neck so that's enough for today. There is not much left on the bobbin so I'll get another ready for tomorrow. Time for a coffee now.
Still learning

Bjay

« Reply #792 on: April 09, 2024, 15:12:05 PM »
Yes  @Ouryve . Should be after 6 weeks.

So brain has to get used to a different perspective on the world so I have been trimming my 4x4  blocks to an equal size ie 8 1/4"
The HST blocks I made to go alongside them are only 7.5" so looking for inspiration now.
Don't want to set up machine today just need ideas.

Trying to find my way on the Dark side

Elnnina

« Reply #793 on: April 09, 2024, 15:15:59 PM »
I am here and this time I am dealing with bedding.  A few years ago now we changed our bed to two electric beds, so both top and feet ends rise when needed.  Thus I then doctored our existing mattress cover to make two new single bed covers.  Well the time has come to now make two new mattress covers, and as I cannot buy suitable ones to fit, I ordered a super king size one and am now in the process of  unpicking this and then cutting this in half and fitting this on the mattress so I have it boxed at the ends, and slightly going over the sides of the mattress, then I need to add the side fabric and elasticate this.  Trying to wrestle the padded mattress cover through the overlocker has been fun, and I am about to cut this up the middle to make the two, then it will be much easier to manage.  However also waiting in the wings I need to cut down a little a super sized duvet in order to fit into the duvet covers I have made - most duvet covers do not cover us at night, so I measured down to what we needed and made the covers to suit.  Only problem is the new duvet is a four seasons one so that is twice the work.  I have also cut down flat sheets in order to make fitted sheets for the beds -  so that will be another job for later in the year once I have sourced the pale blue sheets I need.

SewRuthieSews

« Reply #794 on: April 09, 2024, 15:24:05 PM »
I had some white jersey fabric printed with black outlines of palm trees. Actually I like a bit of colour in my tops so the fabric languished in the stash. At the weekend I hand coloured all the palm trees in green with a Dylon fabric marker after which I completely lost interest as it took so long.
I also wanted to try a new pattern which needed some alterations which I've also attempted
So now I am going to try cutting the pattern out.....