The Sewing Place

iPad Improvements - please read

Francesca

Re: iPad Improvements - please read
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2017, 09:23:37 AM »
It was my terrible attempt at making it a bit less awkward looking for some users by making the avatar box horizontal so less white space between posts... at some point, I want to make it an actually PLEASANT experience for all users but because of the sort of grid system the forum is built on, it's a nightmare. Once I've sorted some stuff out in my life I am planning a full rebuild of the forum and it'll be fab for all users! In the meantime, is this new layout an improvement for you guys?

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2017, 11:48:57 AM »
Works for me Fran.  Thanks.  :)

Maximum

« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2017, 18:53:32 PM »
I think it's much better to have things spread across the screen and saves on scrolling to read the message. It's early days for TSP and I think it's working really well. Plenty of time to add refinements in due course.

Didi

« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2017, 19:32:48 PM »
It was my terrible attempt at making it a bit less awkward looking for some users by making the avatar box horizontal so less white space between posts... at some point, I want to make it an actually PLEASANT experience for all users but because of the sort of grid system the forum is built on, it's a nightmare. Once I've sorted some stuff out in my life I am planning a full rebuild of the forum and it'll be fab for all users! In the meantime, is this new layout an improvement for you guys?

Oh I wasn't complaining I don't mind it either way - I'm very easy to please  :D I just wasn't sure if it was a "new" thing or if my observational skills had really gone down the pan  0_0