The Sewing Place

Embroidery programmes

twopence

Embroidery programmes
« on: July 06, 2017, 10:25:22 AM »
I have owned my Bernina 570QE for nearly a year now and need to get to grips with the embroidery unit (and do Bernina's course).  Does anyone know of a software programme that works on a Mac and can save in the Bernina format?

Lyn-J

Re: Embroidery programmes
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 16:02:21 PM »
Bernina Software 8
umm its a tiddly bit pricey

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 20:11:43 PM »
I have a Mac and run Embird on it with Parallels and Windows 10.  It,s like having two computers on the go  and I can go from one to the other easily.   Not sure if Embird can save that format.  But same thing applies on the Bernina software, you need Windows and something like Parallels or using Boot Camp.

twopence

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 20:44:51 PM »
I had a reply from my enquiry to Bernina and they have a programme called Toolbox in the USA which runs on both Macs and Windows.  You can see it on their American site and there it costs $799 which is around £600 I think.  It talks about a Bernina Cloud holding the designs and they intend to launch it here in the Autumn.

I had downloaded the free Artlink before my Windows laptop gave up and I do know that I can use Parallels and Windows but hoped to find a programme that would just run on the Mac.  I'm surprised that they are thin on the ground as many designers work on Macs.

Lyn-J

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 21:36:40 PM »
 :| :| :| and you can tell I don't have a MAC - runs and hides  :| :| :|

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 22:13:34 PM »
The only programme I know of that works on a Mac is Tru Embroidery.  I certainly wasn't going  to pay that sort of price hence my route with Embird.  I agree it would be simpler if we could just get something that worked but for what I use it for I,d rather save my money.  Not heard of Toolbox.  Will have to have a look.  Assume it,s not a full digitising programme at that price.