The Sewing Place

Hello

So Chic

Hello
« on: March 03, 2017, 17:12:42 PM »
 :toast: Just received the e-mail confirming my registration and it's good to see so many familiar names from TSF.

I joined Stitchers Guild and Pattern Review and found them very friendly with a lot of good advice, they are naturally biased towards their North American members, and it's good to have a U.K. site.

So Chic
So Chic
Bernina Artista 630, Bernina 800DL, Janome Cover Pro 1000CP and an elderly Singer Touch & Sew 720G as a back up

Vegegrow

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2017, 21:30:41 PM »
Hello SoChic.. glad you found your way here .. I think a lot of us joined PR and Stichers Guild .. there are some interesting things on there.. have fun looking around
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

stitchingcarol

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 12:19:41 PM »
Hi SoChic , pleased you  have found the Sewing Place.Good to see familiar names.

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2017, 02:55:26 AM »
Hi So Chic, I too found it very interesting spending some time on those two American sites but am happy to have a UK home to return to.

I joined PR some time ago but really didn't get into it at all and this time I seemed to feel more at ease on SG for some reason but I'll probably keep popping back to see them both this time as it's good to get a different perspective.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

DaisyChain

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2017, 08:02:37 AM »
Hi So Chic,
I've been a member of PR for years, (for the reviews), but I don't post on its forum. I recently joined SG, which I love. It's all terribly grown up over there.
And now I'm here. One look at all those colourful icons and you just know this place is going to be full of silly sewing chatter.  0_0

<3 <3 <3