The Sewing Place

Pfaff feet

JeanHT

Pfaff feet
« on: July 11, 2017, 07:08:24 AM »
Where can I get these?  I have just bought a Pfaff Ambition and am loving it but it doesn't come with all the feet I would like.  I can use my old machine if necessary but would rather buy the feet I need for the Ambition.  However, they all look very expensive.  None of those handy 35 feet in a pack for two and six appear suitable for the Pfaff. 

I bought it from SMD but find it very hard to find the required feet on their site.  If necessary I can call them but just thought I would ask here first.

Gernella

Re: Pfaff feet
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2017, 11:12:22 AM »
Try these:

http://www.sewingmachinesales.co.uk   
or this

http://www.performancesewing.com/partsdatabase/

I think it is the same site as they seem to have parts for all machines, they are also on Ebay.  At least you know what you buy will fit although some are a bit expensive.  I've got two Pfaffs and they don't use the same bobbins although some of the feet will fit each one.
Stash extension 2024- 6.1 meters
Left at the end of 2023 - 66 meters now (includes fabric found hidden out of sight)  Lining fabric not included

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2017, 11:53:28 AM »
Jean, I have a Pfaff 1475 which I've had from new.  I bought the extra feet from Pembertons http://www.psmc.co.uk/

I also bought a set of cheap feet off Ebay, and an adapter which work very well, I'll try to remember the name.  I got an adapter for the Bernina as well, which worked fine. 

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Marniesews

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2017, 13:49:12 PM »
Pfaff, like many other manufacturers have many different categories of feet as their machines have different stitching widths and other features that need a specific shape of foot.

Hobkirk's (a good shop in Blackburn and online) have a useful list which shows your machine as a category K. This list will be useful to see which other machines take the same class of foot in case you see them for sale on eBay. They're not cheap but are comparable to the other big names (other than Bernina!) but generic feet often perform poorly for obvious reasons.

I'm assuming you're only looking for the odd one as I got a very good range of feet with my Performance 5.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Lachica

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2017, 12:42:06 PM »
Yes, they are expensive. Work well though. I bought cheap feet on EBay for my previous machine, some were fine but some I couldn't get to work. I decided that as I paid a lot for this machine, I'll get genuine feet for it. Most recent buy was a bias binder foot, I think it was £35, ouch, but the shop gave me tuition on how to use it when I couldn't get started. Also, the dealer I bought from gives 10% discount on accessories for machines bought from them, which helps.
Mary
2020 stash: not gonna count, not gonna feel guilty.