The Sewing Place

Ideas Please

Pearl

Re: Ideas Please
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2017, 16:19:18 PM »
The Storm at Sea is my favourite Brenda. It's my third in line "to do" at the moment. It's a very effective use of shapes and has patterns within patterns.

Third?  It's 24th on my to do list!  I have the opposite problem to you, Lowie.   :D

BrendaP

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2017, 16:50:37 PM »
I really like the shakespeare in the park. Can you tell me where I can find the pattern for it please?

It's in Judy Martin's Creative Pattern Book which appears to be out of print now - and I know I didn't pay anything like that price.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

wrenkins

« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2017, 17:56:07 PM »
Third?  It's 24th on my to do list!  I have the opposite problem to you, Lowie.   :D
I only started in April. I've had to ban myself off Pinterest due to idea overload!!!  :(
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

Lowena

« Reply #19 on: July 12, 2017, 18:14:41 PM »
Mali, I buy both online and at a local ( ish ) shop. I couldn't choose the fabrics first  :o suppose I couldn't think of anything, or I found I'd chosen wrongly ... eek!! Pattern - size - fabric - binding - backing  :D
I don't want to overface myself, but do want to stretch myself ... so many good suggestions, thank you so much   :loveit:
I'm off for a peruse ... and a thunk ................ :ninja:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ploshkin

« Reply #20 on: July 12, 2017, 19:19:41 PM »
Lowena, while you are perusing do have a look at the Timeless Treasures website recommended by Syrinx.  I had never seen it before but there are so many ideas on the 28 pages of projects.  Many of the designs are simple but very effective and easily worked out without needing a pattern.  You would be hard put not to find some inspiration there.
Life's too short for ironing.

Lowena

« Reply #21 on: July 12, 2017, 19:26:16 PM »
I did have a quick look earlier Ploshy, but nothing jumped out at me  :( I'll have another look later, thank you  :)

Deafoldbat

« Reply #22 on: July 12, 2017, 19:27:55 PM »
What about this?

http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php?action=gallery;sa=myimages;u=23

Of course, now you've used up all your left overs, you'll have to buy quite a bit for variety...

BlueCat

« Reply #23 on: July 12, 2017, 20:19:22 PM »
I've just started a Log Cabin with Hidden Stars. Very simple to do the Log cabin part, and just inserting the stars into the sashing.  Using gold and dark blues, with gold stars in the middle of the 'dark sky' I find quite effective.

I'm not sure yet if I'm going to QAYG each 4 block section, or quilt it when I've finished the top.

Been very quick and easy to do so far

Lowena

« Reply #24 on: July 12, 2017, 20:34:31 PM »
Gosh, I'm in awe of both of those ideas  0_0

supergran

« Reply #25 on: July 12, 2017, 21:03:25 PM »
It's in Judy Martin's Creative Pattern Book which appears to be out of print now - and I know I didn't pay anything like that price.
Yikes, Brenda, that really is expensive! I don't think I'll be paying that kind of money for it, however much I like the pattern. Thanks for the link though.  :o

Lowena

« Reply #26 on: July 13, 2017, 18:09:49 PM »
Still can't make up my mind..... if the blocks are easy, I'm not enthused...........if the blocks are difficult, I'm overfaced :| What to do???  -<
And... I've just remembered I haven't finished the last clue for the Mystery Quilt..... knew those b***dy geese would come back to haunt me  :devil:

Deafoldbat

« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2017, 19:13:31 PM »
Judy Martin has started to issue o/p books as ebooks. If you nag, the Creative Pattern Book might reappear...

http://www.judymartinebooks.com/

supergran

« Reply #28 on: July 13, 2017, 19:46:27 PM »
Thanks DOB. I've sent off a newsletter request and also another request for that particular book or just the pattern to the contact page. Fingers crossed.  :snip:

Iminei

« Reply #29 on: July 13, 2017, 20:00:25 PM »
knew those b***dy geese would come back to haunt me  :devil:

Next Clue on Saturday Low, chop chop!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again