Morgan

Re: Independant pattern companies
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 13:03:08 PM »
Pauline Alice Patterns

Printed and PDF versions

snoozi soozi

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 13:36:11 PM »
@Morgan these patterns aren't available to buy.....?!

Not that I need more patterns  :o
👓 changing the world, one stitch at a time

Francesca

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 14:09:44 PM »
How funny; one of her patterns is called the Denia Blouse. Denia is the town my grandparents have their holiday home in and we've been going there for fifteen years now so I know it very well. Interestingly the "Mirambell" skirt seems to be named after a location nearby. The backgrounds in the photos of her collection look exactly like the town.
Stash Busting 2019
Sewn: 36.4m
Traded: 45.9m
Added: 41.9m
Up/down: -45.95m

Follow me on Instagram

Acorn

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 14:19:25 PM »
@Morgan these patterns aren't available to buy.....?!

Not that I need more patterns  :o

There's a 'Shop' link in the black bar right at the top of the page.

Not that I'm an enabler or anything...  ><
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2019, 15:59:29 PM »
@Acorn Oh yeah, fancy me not seeing that. Right, you're to blame then  :devil:
👓 changing the world, one stitch at a time

Clareew

« Reply #35 on: March 30, 2019, 13:41:02 PM »
I find PaulineAlice great for my daughter who is 5' 1".  They are well drafted.https://www.paulinealicepatterns.com/en/  This one is really versatile.

crafter

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2019, 01:41:13 AM »
Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread but I just wanted to say that I have never found an Indie pattern company whose patterns I couldn't have drafted myself.  My skills are fairly limited in pattern drafting.

I have recently been on a Style Arc adventure and from the four patterns I chose, I have only one pair of trousers that are wearable and only then as an alternative to leggings.

It's Vogue for me all he way.
A perfectionist never achieves perfection.  If perfection was achieved, then the standard was not set high enough.

Acorn

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2019, 09:04:45 AM »
We'll have to agree to differ on that on!  If it wasn't for Style Arc I would have very few attractive, well fitting clothes.
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Francesca

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2019, 09:19:10 AM »
A lot of indie patterns do start out quite basic but I suppose they all have to be drafted by someone so I guess @crafter must be a master pattern cutter!

Could you not do the same for Vogue?
Stash Busting 2019

Follow me on Instagram

Celia

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2019, 09:51:47 AM »
I love Style arc, I have found all their trousers I have made  fit me straight out of the packet, I have tried about 5 different ones and all are great. They are almost the only trouser patterns that have fitted.  I have also made dresses and tops.

wrenkins

« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
I don't do dressmaking but I bet I'd be brilliant...after half a bottle of Champagne.  ;)
Happy Birthday Mr Crafter!  :toast:
Fashion fades, style is forever!

crafter

« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2019, 17:28:43 PM »
A lot of indie patterns do start out quite basic but I suppose they all have to be drafted by someone so I guess @crafter must be a master pattern cutter!

Could you not do the same for Vogue?

I think the champagne may have caused me to write a bit of a confusing post.  I am not hugely talented in the pattern cutting department, @Francesca.  And nowhere near good enough to create a pattern to the standard of Vogue.
A perfectionist never achieves perfection.  If perfection was achieved, then the standard was not set high enough.

Francesca

« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2019, 18:55:33 PM »
I definitely see a lot of patterns that I don't think I could draft indie-wise. Or I suppose I could draft them but would take a lot of learning. Anything with complicated flounces, pockets, multiple style lines or collars for example. There are plenty of examples out there of stuff that is not simple to draft. (Named Clothing, Style Arc, Closet Case for example). I considered whether or not I could try to draft the Kelly Anorak for example but realised it was going to be tough to get all the little additional bits right like the hood and proper closures/flaps.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2019, 18:57:06 PM by Francesca »
Stash Busting 2019

Follow me on Instagram

annieeg

« Reply #43 on: April 28, 2019, 16:44:33 PM »
I've just made a toile of the Merchant and Mills Top 64: 

https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/api/mail/20190428_161648.jpg?action=attachment&folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=8540&attachment=2&user=3&context=574068&decrypt=&sequence=1&delivery=view&scaleType=contain&width=1006&height=611

I have attached a couple of [very unflattering] photos but thought you might be interested to see how the garment compares to the pattern image.
I didn't use canvas or heavyweight denim (which is what they recommend) which is why its a bit of a cocoon shape, rather than more A-line.
The pattern went together very easily and the pockets are easy and sit well.
The neck needs a bit of tweaking maybe simple darts at the neckline.
I will finish the toile and wear it indoors as its extremely comfortable.
I'll make it again in a black/white thickish linen which I bought at their shop.  Its a size 18 (their largest size) and I'll cut it bigger next time.
https://merchantandmills.com/store/cloth/dash-dash-black/
(I live near Rye and visited their shop; they also have the garments made up as samples which you can try on.)
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sewbee

Re: Indie Patterns
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2019, 12:33:45 PM »
Love this

but it maybe largely due to the fabric.

Is it only me who cannot see the image?