Morgan

Re: Independant pattern companies
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2019, 13:03:08 PM »
Pauline Alice Patterns

Printed and PDF versions

snoozi soozi

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2019, 13:36:11 PM »
@Morgan these patterns aren't available to buy.....?!

Not that I need more patterns  :o
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Acorn

« Reply #32 on: February 10, 2019, 14:19:25 PM »
@Morgan these patterns aren't available to buy.....?!

Not that I need more patterns  :o

There's a 'Shop' link in the black bar right at the top of the page.

Not that I'm an enabler or anything...  ><
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

snoozi soozi

« Reply #33 on: February 10, 2019, 15:59:29 PM »
@Acorn Oh yeah, fancy me not seeing that. Right, you're to blame then  :devil:
Let it sew, let it sew, let it sew

Clareew

« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2019, 13:41:02 PM »
I find PaulineAlice great for my daughter who is 5' 1".  They are well drafted.https://www.paulinealicepatterns.com/en/  This one is really versatile.

crafter

« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2019, 01:41:13 AM »
Sorry, I haven't read this whole thread but I just wanted to say that I have never found an Indie pattern company whose patterns I couldn't have drafted myself.  My skills are fairly limited in pattern drafting.

I have recently been on a Style Arc adventure and from the four patterns I chose, I have only one pair of trousers that are wearable and only then as an alternative to leggings.

It's Vogue for me all he way.

Acorn

« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2019, 09:04:45 AM »
We'll have to agree to differ on that on!  If it wasn't for Style Arc I would have very few attractive, well fitting clothes.

Celia

« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2019, 09:51:47 AM »
I love Style arc, I have found all their trousers I have made  fit me straight out of the packet, I have tried about 5 different ones and all are great. They are almost the only trouser patterns that have fitted.  I have also made dresses and tops.

wrenkins

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2019, 10:00:16 AM »
I don't do dressmaking but I bet I'd be brilliant...after half a bottle of Champagne.  ;)
Happy Birthday Mr Crafter!  :toast:
Harbouring resentment is like swallowing poison and waiting for the other person to die!

crafter

« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2019, 17:28:43 PM »
A lot of indie patterns do start out quite basic but I suppose they all have to be drafted by someone so I guess @crafter must be a master pattern cutter!

Could you not do the same for Vogue?

I think the champagne may have caused me to write a bit of a confusing post.  I am not hugely talented in the pattern cutting department, @Francesca.  And nowhere near good enough to create a pattern to the standard of Vogue.

annieeg

« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2019, 16:44:33 PM »
I've just made a toile of the Merchant and Mills Top 64: 

https://apps.talktalk.co.uk/appsuite/api/mail/20190428_161648.jpg?action=attachment&folder=default0%2FINBOX&id=8540&attachment=2&user=3&context=574068&decrypt=&sequence=1&delivery=view&scaleType=contain&width=1006&height=611

I have attached a couple of [very unflattering] photos but thought you might be interested to see how the garment compares to the pattern image.
I didn't use canvas or heavyweight denim (which is what they recommend) which is why its a bit of a cocoon shape, rather than more A-line.
The pattern went together very easily and the pockets are easy and sit well.
The neck needs a bit of tweaking maybe simple darts at the neckline.
I will finish the toile and wear it indoors as its extremely comfortable.
I'll make it again in a black/white thickish linen which I bought at their shop.  Its a size 18 (their largest size) and I'll cut it bigger next time.
https://merchantandmills.com/store/cloth/dash-dash-black/
(I live near Rye and visited their shop; they also have the garments made up as samples which you can try on.)
  [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]  

Sewbee

Re: Indie Patterns
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2019, 12:33:45 PM »
Love this

but it maybe largely due to the fabric.

Is it only me who cannot see the image?

Acorn

Re: Independent pattern companies
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2019, 13:23:15 PM »
It's an image from elsewhere on the internet and it was posted over two years ago - I suspect the website concerned has moved or removed the image now.

FWIW it was an image on sewwardrobe.co.uk and seems to have been a pattern called Suzy, but I can't find it on their website.

Efemera

annieeg

Re: Independent pattern companies
« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2019, 09:44:36 AM »
Are there are other indy pattern companies who make a pattern with a Full Bust option?
I was really pleased with the fit of the full bust version of the Love Notions blouse I made and I wondered if any other companies made patterns with an FB option.
annie