The Sewing Place

Well I was invited to a wedding

Vegegrow

Well I was invited to a wedding
« on: July 21, 2017, 21:22:55 PM »
 A good while ago I posted that I had been invited to an Indian wedding  I needed 3 outfits .. and since the we need to stay 2 nights in a posh hotel I didn't want to spend a fortune  the first do is a Dinner on the Friday night this dress is a remake of an outfit that has been in the wardrobe a good 10 years.. the red fabric is a  silk chiffon and the original lining was black I have relined in red chiffon and it has been taken in  :D  nearly recut the handkerchief hem but decided to keep it as I love the drape
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Vegegrow

Re: Well I was invited to a wedding
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2017, 21:31:51 PM »
Second outfit is for the Sikh Ceremony  A Salwar Kameez   bought the 'kit' on Ebay for £20 it had been cut into pieces but the front panel was intact  there was a piece for the back and I had to piece the sleeves didn't use the lining as I can't wear polyester against my skin but had a perfect piece of silk in the stash to line it with ... bought some cream leggings of ebay to wear with it .....
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2017, 21:42:12 PM »
3rd dress is a cheat its a RTW which has been altered to fit bought for a wedding 3 years ago but I have made this jacket/coat to wear with it
this is a pattern recommended by Morgan  Butterick 6254 http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,604.15.html    my 2nd version in a cloque jersey from The Textile Centre Finished the seams with Hong Kong binding.. this is going to be so useful

BrendaP

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2017, 21:55:47 PM »
Three great outfits to enjoy wearing to the wedding celbrations.
Brenda.  My machines are: Corona, a 1953 Singer 201K-3, Caroline, a 1940 Singer 201K-3, Thirza, 1949 Singer 221K, Azilia, 1957 Singer 201K-MK2 and Vera, a Husqvarna 350 SewEasy about 20 years old. Also Bernina 1150 overlocker and Elna 444 Coverstitcher.
http://paternoster.orpheusweb.co.

Roger

« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2017, 23:12:54 PM »
WoW youve done well with those, they look great :)
A bit of a vintage sewing machine nut! Singers: 500a, 401g, 48k Elnas: lotus SP & grasshopper, Bernina 530-2 F+R 504, Pfaff 30, Cresta T-132

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 08:46:49 AM »
Huge round of applause!  Those outfits are beautiful, love them all!

Jessie

Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Missie

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 09:33:41 AM »
Lovely outfits,  job well done!  Have a great time at the wedding.

Catllar

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 14:21:42 PM »
Lovely work - you'll look stunning!
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Ellabella

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 15:51:18 PM »
Beautiful work, hope you have a wonderful time and don't have trouble getting up from the floor.

UttaRetch

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2017, 16:09:56 PM »
A bit late to the party, Vege, but your outfits are spiffing.

My beastly computer shuddered to a halt and I upgraded to a ssd, that's solid state drive to you.  :)

Vegegrow

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2017, 16:36:06 PM »
Thank you Utta and everyone else for your lovely comments.. I rarely get the chance to put on a 'posh frock ' so to wear 3 in 2 days was very unusual .. 1st night was a pre-wedding party  in the evening so  with Sikh traditional ceremonies and Indian banquet.. ( oh and a henna tattoo ) Saturday was Sikh wedding ceremony  at 9am followed by Civil ceremony at Coombe Abbey..(What an amazing place). didn't go to that bit.. limited space... then drinks on the terrace and then another banquet speeches dances and fireworks... it was a glorious whirl of fabulous colours, flowers, and lovely people I loved it...  I'll try and edit some photos to show some detail .. have to work out how to download  some pics from my phone
home now to the realities of a rapidly approaching harvest

maliw

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2017, 17:32:20 PM »
So pleased you had a wonderful time and lovely outfits to go with it. Happy days.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula