The Sewing Place

Festival of Quilts countdown

Iminei

Festival of Quilts countdown
« on: July 22, 2017, 07:11:27 AM »
So just two weeks and two days before I have to deliver the quilts to the NEC !

How did that happen????
It was 3 months away last week and suddenly Im looking down the road to see it rushing towards me!!!

I must be organised, I have all the time in the world, well as much as two weeks and two days allows, as the holidays are finally here ... this is most definitely doable!

FoQ tickets ... Here, and dispatched to those in the UK that ordered some.
Twopence can you let me know that you have received yours please, Sandra I know yours have got to you, thx :)

Great Dorset Steam Fair tickets finally arrived ... and stashed away safely.

Hotel room ... booked with an option of extending

Quilts .... To Do List

The Opus.

The extra quilting has sorted a hell of a lot of the pooching problems that came to light when I first hung the quilt just over a week ago so all good there, but I still have to fill in some gaps in the borders with my freestyle ahem ... flowers!

Then I have to attach the show's paper label, and cover any reference to who made the quilt; which includes the shows label!
I have made some neat lil pockets out of calico to attach to the reverse of the quilts to carry this label but I will still have to sew some fabric over my own labels for The Opus.

Then it will be done

The HSTathon

I might add a couple of extra lines of stitching through the body of the quilt just to see if it aids a slight ripple I'm seeing as it hangs...

After that, tack the show label to the reverse and its done. I haven't got any of my own labels to cover (Yay) and the show label will be removed by the FoQ staff as its (technically) double sided so no need for a pocket or covering flap of fabric.

Undulating Terror

This is done. Pretty hanging sleeve attached.... check
Its label was double sided, with my name on the interior, so I've stitched it down so all you see is the title of the quilt.

The FoQ paper label is already attached ... again no need for a covering of fabric as its double sided so the FoQ staff will remove this prior to the exhibition.

Undersea

Hanging sleeve ... check
Show Label in lil calico pocket .... check
No other labels to cover ... check
Blinging up ... in progress

What should be a joyous task, blinging up the quilt with sparkles, is actually the most mind numbing, tedious and time consuming task I have ever come across but I will have to get it done, hopefully today (and tomorrow no doubt) as it needs to lounge around the place on a flat surface to 'set'!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 07:15:31 AM by Iminei »
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Acorn

Re: Festival of Quilts countdown
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 10:43:21 AM »
Are you absolutely sure they're flowers and not starfish?  The pebbles made me see starfish...
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

rubywishes

« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 10:44:47 AM »
Im, I love your flowers...you are such a clever clogs! :)
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

maliw

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2017, 17:07:57 PM »
Go girl, can't wait for the Iminei hunt. Is anyone else entering?
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Sakar

« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2017, 20:05:16 PM »
I am looking forward to see you and the quilts in 18 days 0_0

maliw

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2017, 20:55:09 PM »
18 days, is that all it is? I hadn't realised that it is so soon.

QuiltySisty

« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2017, 23:10:37 PM »
Mine has been posted off to the logistics company. I always feel a massive weight lifted off once it's all parcelled up and there's nothing more I can do!

Really looking forward to an Imi hunt this year :-D and also meeting some of the lovelies from the sewing place :-D

I forgot to take note of the number of my entry, but I should get the competition catalogue about a week before the show (because I have VIP tickets) so I shall hunt out all the numbers then!

Getting excited now!

Iminei

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2017, 07:29:16 AM »
because I have VIP tickets

AAaahhh ...We will be able to recognise you then Quilty....

You'll be the one lying on the chaise longe in the air conditioned splendour of your own private, rose bedecked lounge, attended by tanned, topless beefcake butlers offering you yet another slipper of Veuve Clicqout  as minions scurry round the show bringing the quilt of your choice to your private viewing area!
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 07:31:59 AM by Iminei »

maliw

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2017, 11:19:09 AM »
Oh Quilty, sorry I forgot you. Of course, there will be a Quilty hunt too, ?pictures of your entries then I know what to look for - please.

Sakar

« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2017, 17:32:02 PM »
There will be serveral hunts then  :) When and where do we meet?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2017, 18:29:24 PM by Iminei »

Iminei

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 15:58:21 PM »
Have been waylaid by Paul's accounts for a couple of days...
but I do have a underlying motive, in the acquisition of extra moollah for FoQ!!

Back to the quilts by the end of the week ... HSTathon next, labelling and maybe a lil extra quilting.

Iminei

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2017, 12:44:37 PM »
Back to the countdown ...
and the HSTathon is back under the Splurges harp.

Regretting this now ...that 'only a few lines of quilting' is beginning to look like a lot of work now ...Grrrr!

Sakar

« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2017, 20:20:15 PM »
Go on, Imi, you can do that!!!!  :)

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2017, 04:00:22 AM »
Ok, we are now at ......

HSTathon:- Those few lines have turned into a full quiltathon ... but once I got around 'having' to do it and threw away the 'OMG!! ... I have to basically re-quilt it', is going fine. I think the worst point came two days ago when I realised, unlike The Opus, I had to unpick the hanging sleeve!

That was done and I am now 5/6ths finished ... including re attaching the sodding hanging sleeve Woo Hoo!
which I hand sewed as I watched The Remains of the Day (for the 32nd time ... love that film) yesterday!

So HSTathon ...Only 1/6th left to do ...then tack the FoQs lil label on and done!

The Undersea is hanging and I will try to get a decent pic so you girls can have a view on the blingification.
I think its almost there, with just one area needing a few more subtle (ie not so glittery) teeny stones adding.

The Opus is hanging too, two or three small flowers in the border are needed and then thats finished.

And the Undulating Terror, hanging, no further work needed!

I'll give the first 3 a bit of a press before they are packed away (probably next weekend) and I'm done.

Sorry to bore you girls with all this, but it makes it much clearer for me how much I have left to do ...or not ... If I write it down!

Sakar

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2017, 07:25:55 AM »
Hey Imi, I can understand you, I also like to write things down and afterwards to tick it off.  :flower: I am looking so forward to see all your quilts at FoQ.... :D

Imi, what are you doing at 4 o'clock in the morning?!?!

So, do I count correctly? Imi has four quilts at the show,... Who else has how many quilts to hunt ;)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 08:01:55 AM by Iminei »