The Sewing Place

Festival of Quilts countdown

Iminei

Re: Festival of Quilts countdown
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2017, 08:03:58 AM »

The stones on the starfish are teensy, about 2mm across, so not over kill I hope.

More right at the end of the album here ....
https://goo.gl/photos/EYf3oK8xZq5G3xow9
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Lowena

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2017, 10:13:44 AM »
Shouldn't they have been sent off by now? Quilty sent hers ages ago  -< You'll get the worst display places if you're not careful  :(
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Iminei

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2017, 10:52:33 AM »
We're delivering them on the Monday before, Low ... but otherwise you are correct.

I have no idea how they decide to hang them, but I think the decisions have already been made. Im just hoping there will be some light on the Undersea one ... and possibly not too much light on the others!!

maliw

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2017, 11:02:15 AM »
You really are an artist. I've just had a look at the photos, it's lovely. Not long now to FOQ - yippeee.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Ellabella

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2017, 12:27:39 PM »
Imi they are wonderful, you have real talent.

So wish I could see them in the flesh, I'm so jealous of you all meeting up and having a wonderful time. Would love to be there.

Do all your entries get displayed together?

StitchinTime

« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2017, 15:46:49 PM »
There has been some serious procrastination at work this afternoon and instead of what I should have been doing, I have created an A-Z list of the FoQ exhibitors and a printable floor plan.

I don't think there is anywhere to upload pdf files on this forum, so if anyone would like copies, please message me and I'll email them to you.

Iminei

« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2017, 13:48:00 PM »
Well that's it!

I've finished the extra quilting of the HSTathon, It doesn't seem to have made much difference to how it hangs tho' ... :(

The Undersea has had a (very) few extra sparkles in areas that seemed to need it but I think that's enough now.
I had wanted to add a couple of red stones (for contrast) but couldn't figure out where.

The Opus had a couple of gaps in the border filled with flowers ... (I seriously hope peeps don't think its was FMQ'ed) and that is hanging very much better ... but still not perfect.

And The UT has been fine from the start, but then I had that one long armed.

Their labels have all been added so there really is no more to do til Monday morning when I will pack them and deliver them to the NEC....

so time to let the nerves get to work!

Sandra

« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2017, 14:07:07 PM »
You've done all you can now, so don't worry.

You'll be glad you entered when the show's over and you'll wonder why you were so worried.

Hold your head high. They're going to look great on display. :)

Sandra.
xxx

Iminei

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 06:56:41 AM »
Just a quick update ladies .. the full unedited version will be hitting your screens mid next week.

All that angst about how the HSTathon was hanging was unnecessary, it hangs beautifully compared to quite a lot of very accomplished quilts!

There I was fretting like mad for the week before and on the journey up... Well we walked in to the Festival on day one and passed at least 5 very nice quilts whose bottoms looked like a flamenco dancers skirt mid twirl ... I swear the masses in the Hall turned in unison as I let out my sigh of relief!  :D

Sewingsue

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 07:47:15 AM »
See, we told you they looked good enough - more than good enough.

One suggested amendment to your post

'compared to quite a lot of other very accomplished quilts'
Bernina Aurora 440QE, Brother BC-2500, Singer 99K (1938), Juki MO-654DE overlocker, Silver Viscount 620D overlocker.

Iminei

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2017, 07:07:47 AM »
Last day today!

So sorry to have missed DF, my email here seems limited, I have received but don't think I can send ... well at least the emails to DF have remained stubbornly in my out box!

So I must pack and leave my cases with the front desk and hie my weary bod back for one last long day!

Will be posting pics, news and gossip during the upcoming week!

Have a good sunday wherever you are  :D

Acorn

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2017, 09:57:33 AM »
There are photos, aren't there?  Please tell me there are photos!   :o
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

Sakar

« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2017, 21:22:35 PM »
Oh yes, there are....  :D