The Sewing Place

The big thread of "what do the buttons mean" questions

rubywishes

The big thread of "what do the buttons mean" questions
« on: March 04, 2017, 07:04:22 AM »
So I must have been absent from school that day......can someone tell me what the little buttons signify on the avatars...why some people have more than others, why some are colored and some are see through?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

Vegegrow

Re: The big thread of "what do the buttons mean" questions
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 07:12:26 AM »
 Imi posted this

One dark button for registered members
Four clear buttons for subscribers
and Five dark buttons for admin...

Exception for Demented Fairy who was given her own special ID last night by Fran... don't think she(DF) has seen it yet...no I can't hear any screaming
http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,169.0.html
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

rubywishes

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 07:17:14 AM »
Yep, just found the answer myself...should've looked more first before asking. Eeek, it was sort of like a "boy look"...you know: "where's my socks?"
         "Have you looked in the sock drawer?"
         "nuh, didn't think of that!"

Do we have a blushing/embarassed icon yet?
Juki TL2010Q, Juki DX7,  Singers: 1917 27K treadle (aka Gertie), 1957 99k (aka Vincent), 1951 99k knee lever (aka Shirley), 1950 99k handcrank (aka Alice), 1927 28K (aka Dora), 1947 201K treadle with motor conversion (aka Livvy)
....and the dusting and vacuming can wait!

UttaRetch

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2017, 08:16:14 AM »
Exception for Demented Fairy who was given her own special ID last night by Fran... don't think she(DF) has seen it yet...no I can't hear any screaming

Any minute now.  0_0

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2017, 08:32:21 AM »

I think it's this |O but perhaps some red on the cheeks would help to identify it.

Francesca

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2017, 23:09:25 PM »
I think  :| is what you're after

Francesca

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2017, 23:10:52 PM »
Yep, just found the answer myself...should've looked more first before asking. Eeek, it was sort of like a "boy look"...you know: "where's my socks?"
         "Have you looked in the sock drawer?"
         "nuh, didn't think of that!"

Haha yes we call that a "little boys look".

I just say "well I know where they are. So you should too".

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2017, 15:49:18 PM »
So I get Fran's 4 black buttons, subscriber's four green/clear ones, one black one for registered members, but I've now seen two black ones and I'm sure a one clear button - what are they for??  And is there an explanation for the one with bunting for those of us who don't know?
Signed, Confused of Lincolnshire.  :P

MrIminei

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 16:18:19 PM »
This might help. "Borrowed" from an admin screen (Shhhh, don't tell the others)

As for the bunting - I can only assume that Demented Fairy loves bunting! I believe it is a carry over from the old place.

DementedFairy

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2017, 19:45:07 PM »
I hate bunting.  Hate it.  Loathe it.  It's a running joke from the old site [The Old Sewing Site =TOSS had you noticed?]
It makes me so happy. *grits teeth* >:)
C'est moi!

C3PO

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2017, 20:01:06 PM »
I hate bunting.  Hate it.  Loathe it.  It's a running joke from the old site [The Old Sewing Site =TOSS had you noticed?]

Oh Madam, I am quite distressed to hear that bunting is not to your taste. Upon discovering the cruel joke that has been played I naturally tried to correct the unfortunate situation. However I seem to have been locked out of this part of the system and I almost blew a fuse trying to reassign your bunting.

The bunting appears to have been hard coded into the system firmware. There is only one person who can undo this deed. And Francesca is, I understand, away for the weekend.
Be excellent to one another

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2017, 20:17:17 PM »
  :D And I bet you thought you had friends on here ...  :P

DementedFairy

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 20:30:36 PM »
Oh Madam, I am quite distressed to hear that bunting is not to your taste. Upon discovering the cruel joke that has been played I naturally tried to correct the unfortunate situation. However I seem to have been locked out of this part of the system and I almost blew a fuse trying to reassign your bunting.

The bunting appears to have been hard coded into the system firmware. There is only one person who can undo this deed. And Francesca is, I understand, away for the weekend.
I shall tolerate the situation by imagining that the 'flags' are knickers, thus denoting an equivalent of a 5-star rating on my nethers. :*
C'est moi!

C3PO

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2017, 20:48:47 PM »
Oh dear. My silicon diodes are quite overheated at the thought!                                                                                                                             
Be excellent to one another

Francesca

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2017, 00:30:50 AM »

I'm away-ish I'll be back at my computer Monday. Perhaps if you're nice I can remove the torture.