The Sewing Place

Memory loss

Catllar

Memory loss
« on: July 24, 2017, 23:30:21 PM »
Following on from my mega tidy, I decided to make a bag today - I found a strap from a previous project and a magnetic fastener - what else did I need. I rooted out some fabrics and lining and then out came the Bosal which I hadn't used since I made  my holiday bag for Australia 18 months back. Cut myself a pattern , cut out the Bosal and couldn't for the life of me remember how to fuse or even which side was sticky, it's been that long. Fortunately was saved by Google! Bit worrying to have forgotten something so basic. Think I will put a label on it now!  Bag not finished yet, need some pliers to flatten out the fastener legs and couldn't be bothered looking - will finish tomorrow and post a pic.
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Swisslass

Re: Memory loss
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2017, 06:43:34 AM »
Write - 'Sticky Side' in pencil on the leftovers so you don't have to remember for next time
I'd like to think I was inspired, but maybe sewing is just hard wired

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2017, 21:39:22 PM »
Doh! Great idea, thanks. Bag finished but light no good for pic so I'll do it tomorrow.

Catllar

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 13:25:25 PM »
SO this is it - pretty poor picture - but its got 2 outer gusseted pockets and an inner zipped pocket.  Just big enough for wallet, keys, phone, emergency shopping bag and emergency firstaid kit.