The Sewing Place

Cork fabric

sewing in oz

Re: Cork fabric
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2017, 13:30:24 PM »
That's actually turned out to be a really cute bag!  Will be interested to see how it wears.  Thanks for the tips on how to sew that stuff.

Catllar

« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2017, 16:23:58 PM »
No J, you're asking the same questions I was asking myself! It is as pliable as a fabric, like artificial suede or something like that. There seems to be a very very thin skin of cork bonded onto a backing fabric and that's it.   

Thats SIO. I'm using it now ( well, not NOW, cos I'm here, but I'm using it as my daily bag so we'll see what happens. apparently it can be washed too)

Today I braved the crowds and went to the weekly market in Prades and there was a man selling jewellery strung onto cord cord - never seen that before either, but he wouldn't share his secret with me, so I might have to look that one out - it might make a really good corded deco on something.)
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Catllar

« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2017, 16:26:02 PM »
Wwwwww - look at all this lovely stuff!http://www.nikolisgroup.com/en/ProductCatalog/jewelry-stringing-material-cords-ribbons-supplies-wholesale/making-jewellery-cork-cords

b15erk

« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2017, 16:34:40 PM »
OOOooooo, very nice.

Saved to browse tomorrow :) (Just getting ready to leave work)

Thank you Cat!

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

b15erk

« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2017, 17:51:09 PM »
Look what just popped up on FB.  Just in time for me to make one for my hols - and look what it's made of!

/https://www.craftsy.com/sewing/patterns/greta-wristlet-clutch/321282

Jessie
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 09:24:01 AM by b15erk »
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Hachi

« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2017, 11:06:50 AM »
This is an American source but Sew Sweetness has a lot of cork fabric listed in her shop.

She also has a short video so you can kind of see how the fabric behaves.

Catllar

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2017, 11:59:56 AM »
Go on, all of you, have a go, you know you want to! :devil: Enabler? Moi??