The Sewing Place

A new (to me) source

b15erk

A new (to me) source
« on: July 28, 2017, 14:52:11 PM »
I found an email in my inbox, not unusual, but I don't often have time to look at them all.  This was from Oxfam, and after looking at the old books  (lots of sewing books), I landed here: http://www.oxfam.org.uk/shop/search-results?=intcmp;i=1;intsearch=internal;page=7;q1=Household;q2=Textiles;q3=Sewing%2C+knitting+%26+haberdashery;show_all=products;x1=secondary_cat_1;x2=secondary_cat_2;x3=secondary_cat_3&gid=&owner=

Plenty of patterns, a lot of the modern ones are reasonably priced too.  Also, a bit of fabric.

I've seen a couple that I'll be going back for:)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Acorn

Re: A new (to me) source
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 15:28:54 PM »
Wow - lots to explore there!  Thank you.   :D
I might look as though I'm talking to you, but inside my head I'm sewing.

b15erk

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 15:41:13 PM »
Some gorgeous waxed cotton fabrics in Household, Vintage, Fabric!  :)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

maliw

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2017, 15:52:49 PM »
Just had a look - I don't need anything and I think I've already got a couple of the patterns ;)
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Snowgoose

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2017, 16:11:03 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you  :flower:  I have found the coat-of-my-dreams sewing pattern, in the right size and made of fleece  :D No fraying! Now to save up for some fabric  :)