The Sewing Place

Is anyone else having problems?

Lowena

Is anyone else having problems?
« on: July 28, 2017, 19:58:05 PM »
For the last 2 days I have had trouble getting onto the boards and once on, the recent Unread Topics say there are none, likewise Unread Topics. I have to trawl the various boards individually.
My histiry / cache is cleared every time I finish using the computer and I am having no trouble elsewhere. Just wondered if anyone else was having problems? I am on a p.c and use Chrome exclusively
Triumph of hope over experience :D

Ellabella

Re: Is anyone else having problems?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 20:18:06 PM »
now you mention it when using my tablet I didn't get updated posts and thats using Chrome.

Firefox on the PC seems fine.

Catllar

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2017, 21:43:17 PM »
At the moment all working well via MAC laptop
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !

Surest1tch

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2017, 19:10:37 PM »
It keeps telling me there are no recent unread topics but going to the home page there are some.

Lowena

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2017, 19:23:34 PM »
That's what it does to me

arrow

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2017, 19:57:11 PM »
I don't know if the functions are misbehaving some times,  but usually "updated topics" works for me. I use Firefox a lot because it has much less scripts running in the back ground (compared to Google Chrome, and causes hot laptop in summer, making it very slow,... and this is not a laptop with minimal specs), and it works well with most forum software. This was the problem with the old TSF, and I remember browsers behaved differently.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2017, 11:15:10 AM by arrow »

Lowena

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2017, 10:18:32 AM »
It seems to be ok now  :)

Francesca

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 17:51:09 PM »
Please see this thread here: http://thesewingplace.org.uk/index.php/topic,1013.0.html

It works OK, just not in the manner you might expect.

Discussion on whether to change the label from recent unread to all unread... looking for some more input before I implement that though.