The Sewing Place

Winter layering tunic

datcat23

Winter layering tunic
« on: July 30, 2017, 09:19:55 AM »
I have been off sick with sinusitis, and so my sewing has been pretty limited.  The pressure and headache has been intense, along with enough dizziness to make it dangerous for me to even drive, let alone be set loose with scissors. 

But, I did finish a layering tunic for this winter.  Its a sweater knit, I think I got it from KnitWit, and the pattern is a custom fit tunic dress from Bootstrap Fashion.  This is the third one of these, and I think I need to make some more, as its an eminently sensible thing to wear for work.

Purple knit tunic. by Dani, on Flickr
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  6m | Items made:  2  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

shadykittykat

Re: Winter layering tunic
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2017, 09:30:01 AM »
Love the fabric and the tunic. Hope you're feeling better soon, sinusitis is horrible x
Kate
Running, sewing, eating

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2017, 12:07:02 PM »
Nice tunic.   Wish I could wear big prints like that!   How did you find Bootstrap sizing?

datcat23

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2017, 12:31:39 PM »
Nice tunic.   Wish I could wear big prints like that!   How did you find Bootstrap sizing?

I have only bought the one pattern so far, but my first iteration of this tunic, was skin tight.  I discovered, that when you put in your measurements, you probably need to include a little bit of ease for wearing.  Other than that, like choosing any pattern, you need to choose a design that suits your body shape.  I chose this tunic,  because it was a simple design that didn't require me to have a waistline.   >:)
The barefoot seamstress:  smelling vaguely of lavender and mothballs, and desperately craving chocolate.
2024:  Mending:  2  | Fabric used:  6m | Items made:  2  |  Quilts:      |  Fabric destashed:  25m

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »
Lovely top, Dani. 

Bootstrap and Lekala depend on entering masses of measurements for a really good fit and then you have to remember to add seam allowance if you are accustomed to using patterns that include them.

I am beginning to think that I have sinusitis because I have ringing ears and a 'full head' accompanied by slight unsteadiness.

b15erk

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2017, 09:02:43 AM »
I feel for you DC (and UR), Sinusitis is horrible.  Not had it for a while - although I seem to have had everything else!

Hope you are both soon feeling better.

I agree, that top is a very sensible work top, and your fabric is lovely - as usual!

Might have to have a little look.....

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Vegegrow

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2017, 10:28:59 AM »
Lovely top Dani.. hope you feel better soon  :flower:
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Bodgeitandscarper

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 17:53:19 PM »
That fabric is gorgeous, can I ask where it's from please?

Catllar

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 18:22:56 PM »
Great tunic. Hope you feel better soon :flower:
If life gives you lemons, add to gin and tonic !