The Sewing Place

Knitting & stitching show, Ally Pally October 2017 - DISCOUNT TICKETS

UttaRetch

I bought a discounted ticket from the London Ticket Club.  There is no booking fee, and at £11 it's cheaper than advance tickets bought from the oragniser or buying on the day.

Iminei

That's interesting UR ....

Would any of The Sewing Place members be interested in buying  discounted tickets via The Sewing Place?

Why I hear you ask when we can go the same route UR has just mentioned ???

I know some peeps can be worried buying via a secondary Ticket agent  and I have noticed that the peeps organising the show are the same company that organise the nearly upon us Festival of Quilts and, more importantly, have the same group ticket offer available that we are currently enjoying over in The Dark Side.

Therefore as long as we can sell 10 tickets to The Sewing Place Members we can offer you the discounted tickets for this show.

Tickets would cost ......

£11.00 per adult  (tho' only £10 on the Wednesday for some reason)
and
£6.00 per child (5 - 18)

plus a postage charge of £1.00 per order.

If you are interested in this please pm me and we'll see if we can get the numbers necessary to take advantage of this great offer!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

UttaRetch

Iminei, I don't recall there ever being much interest in the Knitting & stitching shows so you may not get any response to the group ticket offer.  I am not concerned about secondary ticketing as I used to get mine from Groupon and never encountered a problem.  In any event, London ticket club assures buyers that the tickets are genuine but paypal will come to my rescue should it ultimately not honour the pledge for a full refund.

Iminei

Okay Thanks UR, just hoping that if peeps were interested the power of bulk buying could help out.

Marniesews

Re: Knitting & stitching show, Ally Pally October 2017 - DISCOUNT TICKETS
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 00:24:06 AM »
I'm definitely going with DH, probably on Thursday so we can pace ourselves over the longer opening hours - not read anywhere that a day ticket doesn't include the late night too. I'm assuming to qualify for a group ticket one has to go as a group together at the same time which could be awkward for people here coming from different directions.
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Iminei

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 06:50:15 AM »
Au contraire Marnie ...

I have sussed this out with the FoQ group tickets (they are the same company) ... the group can be made up of adults and/or children, the ticket holders can go on different days ... the only stipulation is there must be 10 tickets sold otherwise you pay regular price.

Its a good deal..... Maybe next year I will offer TSP members  chance for group tickets to both the FoQ and KnS from the beginning of the year.

UttaRetch

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 08:30:50 AM »
I'm definitely going with DH, probably on Thursday so we can pace ourselves over the longer opening hours

I am going on the Wednesday.  The time slot is 10:00 to 17:30, which is plenty of time.  I prefer to take my own food as the concessions are expensive and suggest layering what you wear as the venue tends to get very hot. The views over London are spectacular, so you might want to take a camera too.

Marniesews

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2017, 13:42:53 PM »
That's great! We'll have 2 concessions (over 60) please if you can make the numbers up. When will I need to confirm which day we'd like (most likely Thursday)?
Hopefully back more regularly! Ballroom sewing may be permanently paused but bag making is the current focus.

Iminei

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2017, 13:52:51 PM »
Shall I take that as an order if I can get 8 other sales ???
I can't see an option for a discount on the over 60's in the group ticket section though ...
just the two prices for adults and children.

And I don't think its date specific ... at least it isn't for FoQ ...

Anybody else want to go??? Please pm before end of September !

If I can get more than 10 ticket orders I'll be happy to organise this for you peeps!
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 16:59:00 PM by Iminei »

Marniesews

« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2017, 15:56:29 PM »
Yes indeed. Even without a concession rate it's cheaper. Thank you.  :D

HenriettaMaria

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2017, 22:07:25 PM »
Is it still the case that tickets are day-specific and non-transferrable?  If so, I'll hold fire until I work out work schedules, etc, then pick a day nearer the time.  WGC is on the railway line to AP so I am fortunate to be able to be flexible in that respect!

UttaRetch

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2017, 22:16:56 PM »
There's a chance to win tickets here.  http://www.letsknit.co.uk/giveaways/knitting-and-stitching-show-london-tickets?utm_content=bufferd0d9b&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_campaign=buffer

You can still buy tickets from the London ticket club.  There is no handling fee or postage as the ticket will be sent via email.  The evening ticket (12 October) is only £6.00, but that's no good for me as Ally Pally is a long way up (and down) and I wouldn't get home much before 10pm - no thanks.  0_0

Iminei

« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2017, 16:30:55 PM »
Hi there peeps,

I haven't had much interest in tickets for this event so must reluctantly withdraw the offer of discounted tickets ...

Sorry Girls!  :(

UttaRetch

« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2017, 16:35:46 PM »
I must order my Sewing place badge.  :D