The Sewing Place

Hi

Anita

Hi
« on: July 31, 2017, 11:18:53 AM »
Hi everyone, I've never joined anything like this before!
 I've been reading posts & found it really interesting so I'm looking forward to joining in. My hubby bought me a sewing machine a couple of years ago ( he bought me an Oyster card for the London Underground this week so his gifts are a little random!) & I have enjoyed making clothes but have made many mistakes along the way. I'm hoping to join in & learn lots.  :)

b15erk

Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 11:34:27 AM »
A very big welcome from me Anita.  Have a good look around - there's lots to see!

(Love your puplingtons)

Jessie
Jessie, who is very happy to be here!!  :),  but who has far too many sewing machines to be healthy, and a fabric stash which is becoming embarrassing.

Vegegrow

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 11:38:16 AM »
Welcome from me too .. we are a friendly bunch and are all happy to help... disclaimer... we do assist and enable in the purchase of sewing related items so you may well find your bank balance reducing and your fabric stash growing  :ninja:

enjoy 0_0 0_0
"The only place where housework comes before needlework is in the dictionary." ~Mary Kurtz

Lowena

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 12:13:03 PM »
Welcome from me too  :cake: :drink:
Triumph of hope over experience :D

UttaRetch

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 13:57:57 PM »
Hi everyone, I've never joined anything like this before! ... My hubby bought me a sewing machine a couple of years ago ( he bought me an Oyster card for the London Underground this week so his gifts are a little random!)

Hi and welcome to the forum.  An Oyster card is a great gift, so I think your husband is quite imaginative.

Anyhoo, get a  :drink: pull up a chair and have a look around.  By the way, when vegegrow refers to 'enabling', she really means aiding and abetting in the reckless spending on fabric and all kinds of related items.  0_0

maliw

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 16:41:20 PM »
Hello Anita, welcome to TSP :flower: :flower:. We're all friendly and don't bite. Ask any questions, you're sure to get answers.
At leisure on the leisure penninsula

Iminei

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 17:11:12 PM »
Welcome Anita ... this is such a friendly place, you will feel at home in no time!
The Imperfect Perfectionist sews again

Surest1tch

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 18:46:43 PM »
Hello and welcome from me too  :D
I've been sewing since I was a child and was also a qualified tailor before I retired and I still make mistakes, it's all part of the learning curve.

Ohsewsimple

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2017, 19:07:50 PM »
Welcome to the group.  Hope you'll enjoy it.  Don't worry about mistakes.  You can't sew without! 
Like Surest1tch I have been sewing for ever.  And mistakes are still happening here!   :D