The Sewing Place

Whoopee! So glad to be here!

KayK

Whoopee! So glad to be here!
« on: March 04, 2017, 15:22:52 PM »
So, so pleased to be here, and a big thank you to all of you who got this lovely site up and running!  I haven't had much of a chance to have a look round yet, but will do when time allows.

Looking forward to hearing about what everyone else has been up to, other members old sewing machines........i had to stop myself bidding on a Singer 99 treadle in a rather lovey cabinet at our local auctions today........the table was lovely but the machine was a rust bucket.....Still, I really don't  think I need another one.......or do 1?

Anyhow, good to see some recognisable names here, its wonderful.

Anyone going the quilt show at Duxford tomorrow? I am going for some inspiration as its something I've only just started doing and am seriously hooked (eeeeek)...... this could become my new favourite thing!!
I have learnt by my mistakes: Sewing machines now are Bernina 720, Bernina 1008, Bernina 801 from 1981, Brother overlocker, ancient but works well

Ploshkin

Re: Whoopee! So glad to be here!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2017, 15:51:26 PM »
Welcome on board.  If you're getting into quilting come on over to the Patchwork and Quilting emporium (aka The Dark Side) and check out Iminie's BOMs.
Life's too short for ironing.

UttaRetch

Re: Whoopee! So glad to be here!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2017, 17:41:05 PM »
Hi KayK and welcome.  I am a selfish streamstress and sew only for me.  Having said this, my last project remains unfinished because I fell out of love with it.  :(